What happened to all the 4K talk?

#11BigBOO2UPosted 1/31/2014 5:51:30 AM
4K talk fell far by the wayside when the spotlight fell on "Why doesn't the Xbox One do 1080p ? ?"
---
Duck Dynasty - The epicenter of ignorance and hate in America. And bad grooming habits.
#12SolisPosted 1/31/2014 5:56:50 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Marqmax posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
I remember a few people going on about how MS would allow 4K resolutions for games... Whatever happened to that?

I remember both companies spewing garb like this and they ultimately tricked us. Only the PC Master race can experience this. Sorry console gamers.

No actually... The argument was X1 is better because it allows 4K and PS4 doesn't... Even though it should have been painfully obvious that neither could achieve 4K gaming with their weak hardware.

Of course they could achieve 4K in games with their hardware. The Xbox 360 and PS3 had 1080p native games after all (even reaching 60FPS with them), is anyone really suggesting that the PS4 or Xbox One aren't at least 4 times as capable as the PS3/Xbox 360?
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#13Juzten76Posted 1/31/2014 5:59:13 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Marqmax posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
I remember a few people going on about how MS would allow 4K resolutions for games... Whatever happened to that?

I remember both companies spewing garb like this and they ultimately tricked us. Only the PC Master race can experience this. Sorry console gamers.

No actually... The argument was X1 is better because it allows 4K and PS4 doesn't... Even though it should have been painfully obvious that neither could achieve 4K gaming with their weak hardware.

Looks like you answered your own question. Personally I don't recall anyone saying it allowed 4k. Must have been some rabid fanboy. They say lots of things that make no sense. Just like the sony fanboys that post topics like this just to start more fanboy arguments.
#14schmarkenheimerPosted 1/31/2014 6:12:37 AM
If true then people are stupid.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#15Ryan-06Posted 1/31/2014 6:32:22 AM
1nternationa7 posted...
Rest In Piece.

Seriously though; this resolution talk is getting old. Rather have more Titanfall bashing topics.

lol.

And yeah only in fanboy dreams will you see 4k ever in this outdated hardware. It's already having a hard time maintaining 1080. Using things like "dynamic resolution" in DR3 and Tomb Raider.
---
Power of da Cloud confirmed, see the difference! http://youtu.be/UzuT0uA9snE
http://ow.ly/t0gvj, http://ow.ly/t0g1Y
#16knightimexPosted 1/31/2014 6:36:25 AM
GTX 780 Ti OC <-- most powerful GPU you can buy isn't even running games at 4k resolutions @60fps.
---
I spanked you as a baby, I'll spank you now. B****!
-Evil Betty
#17tenchi darkPosted 1/31/2014 6:36:40 AM
The 4K is probably for 4K BluRays not the games.
---
You're telling me too do the right thing while climbing out a window!?!?
#18wake_me_420Posted 1/31/2014 7:06:44 AM
tenchi dark posted...
The 4K is probably for 4K BluRays not the games.

This is what I assumed, just 4K upscaling for videos.
---
Check out this sweet box fort I made. Dare I say, 'World's Greatest' :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jo57wauuvA
#19jon davisPosted 1/31/2014 8:58:23 AM
Marqmax posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...

Yeah cause all you PC snobs just happen to have four GTX Titans laying around to get 4k to function right?
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#20Spetsnaz420(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 12:20:30 AM
Juzten76 posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Marqmax posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...

Looks like you answered your own question. Personally I don't recall anyone saying it allowed 4k. Must have been some rabid fanboy. They say lots of things that make no sense. Just like the sony fanboys that post topics like this just to start more fanboy arguments.

Oh so you think I posted this to start a flame war? What a jaded point of view you must have. Calling out fanboy is a better way to start a flame war and you're off to an excellent start.

You may not have been here for the X1 can do 4K gaming threads where I promised I would revisit this topic with them in a couple months... But for some reason those people are nowhere to be seen.
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?