1tb hard drive and digital only xbox coming not fair

#1shads3055Posted 1/31/2014 3:28:17 AM(edited)
I love my xbox but I would have so gotten this one coming soon. Only thing I use the disk drive for is blue ray player. I wonder if GameStop will have a sweet trade in deal to get this one instead.

Or if xbox one will let us use external hard drives in the future

Right now the disk version is fine and I don't see myself using all it's space even in the future so far my list of games is I have 4 now and maybe 5 I want between now and 2016 as of news I hear. So will see if I upgrade maybe next holiday or if GameStop has so crazy sweet deal but I think for now I'm ok wil the disk Xbox and using it for blue ray movies
#2Spetsnaz420Posted 1/31/2014 3:34:46 AM
Seems dumb and short sighted

If you buy all digital throughout the consoles life span you will undoubtedly end up pay far more money than if you went physical. People shouldn't encourage digital distribution when prices aren't even competitive with physical copies of the same game.
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#3krystylaPosted 1/31/2014 3:35:55 AM
Welcome to early adoption...
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#4TenzhiPosted 1/31/2014 3:40:24 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
If you buy all digital throughout the consoles life span you will undoubtedly end up pay far more money than if you went physical.

Is that predicated on an assumption that a person will necessarily buy used, wait for price drops, and trade in games if dealing with physical media versus digital?
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#5Mason_CainPosted 1/31/2014 3:41:38 AM
This 'leak' is fake
---
GT: Ancient Daemon
PSN: Captain_Dusk
#6pwnater777Posted 1/31/2014 3:43:04 AM
Well, having to pay $500 for something that doesn't even run games how it should isn't fair.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#7shads3055(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 12:57:05 PM
I will never buy a disk game again. no way. the fact that you can watch tv a little, then switch play a game, then switch play another game, then switch to tv then back to Netflix or a game. never changing disks or getting up. win win for me
#8dejavu1982Posted 1/31/2014 3:28:12 PM
shads3055 posted...
I will never buy a disk game again. no way. the fact that you can watch tv a little, then switch play a game, then switch play another game, then switch to tv then back to Netflix or a game. never changing disks or getting up. win win for me

This 100%
#9Cornbread4lifePosted 1/31/2014 3:33:44 PM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Seems dumb and short sighted

If you buy all digital throughout the consoles life span you will undoubtedly end up pay far more money than if you went physical. People shouldn't encourage digital distribution when prices aren't even competitive with physical copies of the same game.

Too bad technology is at odds with this. I don't think we'll have physical copies beyond this gen.
---
GT: Cornbread4life