Isn't a Xbox without a disc drive exactly what Microsoft wanted all along?

#1HelmesSeiferPosted 1/31/2014 5:47:32 AM
Constant DRM and crushes the ability to play used games. The rumors that it will be 1TB would be a nice improvement, but honestly I would much rather have an Xbox1 without Kinect rather than not having a disc drive. Why does MS push the Kinect so hard when there are very mixed opinions about it?
---
Xbox live: CaptainMiles
PSN: AdmiralMiles
#2coltsfan4ever31Posted 1/31/2014 5:51:27 AM
Microsoft didn't have the balls to release a disc less Xbox One. Even they knew it would've sank faster then the Titanic.
---
---"If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score?"-Vince Lombardi
#3kennyynnooPosted 1/31/2014 5:53:14 AM
They're trying to match the ps4 price but are obsessed with the kinect. I wouldn't want it because if my disc drive dies after my warranty is gone I will go digital, until then I try to buy more disc so I can trade in and save a little, also so I can buy used discs cheaper. Buying digital will force us to pay full retail longer. I like buy 2 get 1 free deals, or buy one get another 40% off deals, the xbox store will never offer that.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#4shads3055Posted 1/31/2014 6:37:44 AM
I wish they had come out with it first or with the disk one. but oh well
#5krystylaPosted 1/31/2014 6:41:02 AM
I think it's smart. They reach a competing price, still package Kinect and bind their customers to their own store.

From a business side, personally I'd never get it.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#6shads3055Posted 1/31/2014 7:38:50 AM
Kinect is cool to just turn on the sytem by voice but I don't see myself ever standing up and playing games like wii u
#7staticxtreme5Posted 1/31/2014 7:39:19 AM
I don't like it simply because it eliminates the option to play Bluray movies. I don't understand why Microsoft would tout the One as being the only box you need in your living room on one hand, and then cripple it even more by removing a huge feature. Bluray movies are NOT going anywhere for a long while, so I don't understand why they would ditch that feature. In my living room if I didn't have the One I would have to buy a Bluray player, which is another expense and another box that has to sit on my shelf.

From a gaming perspective, however; I could care less. I buy my games digital because with the way the One is set up its almost stupid not to. If you have to install every entire game to your hard drive along with all the miscellaneous patches, why would you want to have to change discs just to verify you own the game? I'd rather be able to seamlessly move from media to game to another game to a Bluray movie without having to change discs every time
#8Viet0nePosted 1/31/2014 7:45:23 AM
staticxtreme5 posted...
I don't like it simply because it eliminates the option to play Bluray movies. I don't understand why Microsoft would tout the One as being the only box you need in your living room on one hand, and then cripple it even more by removing a huge feature. Bluray movies are NOT going anywhere for a long while, so I don't understand why they would ditch that feature. In my living room if I didn't have the One I would have to buy a Bluray player, which is another expense and another box that has to sit on my shelf.

From a gaming perspective, however; I could care less. I buy my games digital because with the way the One is set up its almost stupid not to. If you have to install every entire game to your hard drive along with all the miscellaneous patches, why would you want to have to change discs just to verify you own the game? I'd rather be able to seamlessly move from media to game to another game to a Bluray movie without having to change discs every time

Net Neutrality

This can make your Xbox One game downloads span the entire day if your ISP decided they don't want Microsoft Network traffic to run at full speed. ISPs can choose to block Live traffic altogether unless you pay your ISP extra money.

You can insert a disk and start playing on the Xbox One or PS4 within minutes. Digitally downloaded games don't have that ability.
---
Currently Playing: ACIV, Starbound, Borderlands2
PSN/XBL : VietOne