Could MS attempt to compete w Sony by undercutting the price of games on the PS4

#1PominAusPosted 1/31/2014 7:12:26 AM
Hear me out. With the possibility of an SKU without an optical disk drive coming to the market, the news that "competitive digital pricing" is on the "agenda" and the reality that multiplatform games run better on the Ps4 at the same price point as Xbox One, could Microsoft be trying to sell the games cheaper on Xbox Live down the road? Thoughts/trolls?
---
Xbox Live GT: Jaydeekay86
#2Logical_OnePosted 1/31/2014 7:21:03 AM
It would be a great idea but I doubt a company as greedy as MS would do it (not a troll BTW--literally own all major consoles).
---
---
Steam: LogicalOne / PSN: TheCoolBreeze / XBL: ZenTheShogun
#3WTFNightmarePosted 1/31/2014 7:22:34 AM
Logical_One posted...
It would be a great idea but I doubt a company as greedy as MS would do it (not a troll BTW--literally own all major consoles).
---

shut up
---
I'll Teach You Fear.
#4kennyynnooPosted 1/31/2014 7:22:35 AM
Opposite, they can make a profit since you have to buy old games at full retail as it your only option owning the machines. The only way stores can counter is to sell MS gift cards at discounts, ie the one year subscription was only $40 instead of $60 last week.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#5PominAus(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 7:25:03 AM
Logical_One posted...
---

Yeah, that's what I figured, but the profit margin is so much greater with digital so they could still maintain profitability, and would give them an edge. Even greedy companies would consider the strategy, surely?
---
Xbox Live GT: Jaydeekay86
#6Logical_OnePosted 1/31/2014 7:25:39 AM
WTFNightmare posted...
Logical_One posted...
---

shut up

Ummm...no?

I sense hurt feelings--baby want his bottle?
---
---
Steam: LogicalOne / PSN: TheCoolBreeze / XBL: ZenTheShogun
#7RickGottiPosted 1/31/2014 7:28:27 AM
WTFNightmare posted...
Logical_One posted...
---

shut up

Hahaha. Someone had a sensitive heinie
---
GamerTag: xMinorThreat
#8mrhappyguy12345Posted 1/31/2014 7:30:35 AM
PominAus posted...
Logical_One posted...
---

Yeah, that's what I figured, but the profit margin is so much greater with digital so they could still maintain profitability, and would give them an edge. Even greedy companies would consider the strategy, surely?

They need to do something. On the 360 GoD prices were ridiculous. They had old games that you could buy a used physical copy for under $10 listed for full price. They ignored true market value and just assumed that consumers were idiots and would pay what they told them to pay.

Steam has great prices and Sony has does as well, especially with ps+. If MS truly wants to compete in that market they need to open their eyes and start offering some smarter deals.
---
Save The Last Humans
#9richboy900Posted 1/31/2014 7:32:47 AM
WTFNightmare posted...
Logical_One posted...
---

shut up

Lol, trying to defend Microsoft? They are the most greedy without doubt over Sony and Nintendo. Could you imagine if they had the market to themselves lol.
#10WTFNightmarePosted 1/31/2014 7:33:05 AM
Logical_One posted...
WTFNightmare posted...
Logical_One posted...
---

shut up

Ummm...no?

I sense hurt feelings--baby want his bottle?
---

u Mad.
---
I'll Teach You Fear.