Could MS attempt to compete w Sony by undercutting the price of games on the PS4

#41WTFNightmarePosted 1/31/2014 7:41:14 PM
Sony shills have nothing better to do hahaha
---
I'll Teach You Fear.
#42PominAus(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 7:50:35 PM
WTFNightmare posted...
Sony shills have nothing better to do hahaha

What? I don't get the logic (or lack thereof) on this board. I wasn't bashing MS anywhere. I own an Xbox One, a 360 and a Wii. Just because I am not a rabid Xbox fanboy, that does not make me a Sony shill by default. /facepalm
---
Xbox Live GT 360/X1: Jaydeekay86
#43Cornbread4lifePosted 1/31/2014 7:58:03 PM
PominAus posted...
archibald3 posted...
Dont debate with trolls ..."attempt to compete" lol ..........

User Name PominAus
User ID 6911867
Board User Level 15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with at least 3 Karma. Can create 5 topics, 50 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.
Account Created Sunday, January 19, 2014 6:02 AM
Last Visit Friday, January 31, 2014 4:44 PM
Signature Xbox Live GT 360/X1: Jaydeekay86
Karma 12
Active Messages Posted 56

Excuse me? So having a recently created account makes me a troll? Sound logic brother.

On this board, you kind of have to be cynical about stuff like that...people make alts and troll here. Not much you can do about the perception it creates unfortunately.
---
GT: Cornbread4life
#44PominAus(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 8:05:00 PM
Cornbread4life posted...
PominAus posted...
archibald3 posted...
Dont debate with trolls ..."attempt to compete" lol ..........

User Name PominAus
User ID 6911867
Board User Level 15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with at least 3 Karma. Can create 5 topics, 50 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.
Account Created Sunday, January 19, 2014 6:02 AM
Last Visit Friday, January 31, 2014 4:44 PM
Signature Xbox Live GT 360/X1: Jaydeekay86
Karma 12
Active Messages Posted 56

Excuse me? So having a recently created account makes me a troll? Sound logic brother.

On this board, you kind of have to be cynical about stuff like that...people make alts and troll here. Not much you can do about the perception it creates unfortunately.

I get that, really I do. But I fail to see how I am being labelled a troll for hypothetical discussion of a system I own and enjoy.
---
Xbox Live GT 360/X1: Jaydeekay86
#45avanentPosted 1/31/2014 8:13:13 PM
kennyynnoo posted...
Opposite, they can make a profit since you have to buy old games at full retail as it your only option owning the machines. The only way stores can counter is to sell MS gift cards at discounts, ie the one year subscription was only $40 instead of $60 last week.

This.
#46Jedi454Posted 1/31/2014 8:19:28 PM
It's definitely a possibility if Microsoft are planning to release an "all-digital" console, they'd have to drop the prices for digital games at least $20 a game and they would succeed in competing with Ps4, because the Ps4 also sells their digital titles for top dollar.

It would be a positive for gamers like us who bought a console with a blu-ray drive because we could go digital with new titles too because they'll be significantly cheaper.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#47PraetorXynPosted 1/31/2014 8:38:23 PM
Jedi454 posted...
It's definitely a possibility if Microsoft are planning to release an "all-digital" console, they'd have to drop the prices for digital games at least $20 a game and they would succeed in competing with Ps4, because the Ps4 also sells their digital titles for top dollar.

It would be a positive for gamers like us who bought a console with a blu-ray drive because we could go digital with new titles too because they'll be significantly cheaper.

The main reason that won't happen is because Wal Mart and other such places would refuse to carry physical games if they were being undercut by digital.

Ironically, they don't care about being undercut a lot worse by Steam etc., probably because nobody with sense has bought physical PC games in years.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png