Anyone like their X1s even more after visiting here? or have a change of heart?

#1ILikeGamesManPosted 1/31/2014 9:37:01 AM
In the last few weeks, I have found myself pretty much using nothing other than my X1. I come here and see the same threads on a weekly basis and it has left a very sour taste in my mouth in regards to the PS4. I was on a mini vacation recently so I was not around for a bit, but coming back everything is still the same. I know it's stupid to let people change your opinion of something, but all of the constant negativity is making me really love my X1.

I feel like a lot of people who constantly hate on the X1 are attempting to talk me out of enjoying it, but honestly its doing the opposite. When I look at my PS4, I think of a community that only cares about framerate and not games and it makes me want to toss it out a window. It sounds stupid, but its not really something I can control.

X1 fans. Lets continue playing games and stick to how we have been. I see comments on Kotaku and other sites pointing out similar feelings to what I just said. Right now we look like a very solid community who dont resort to trolling other boards and lets keep it that way.

Preordered Titanfall!
#2krystylaPosted 1/31/2014 9:40:26 AM
I was seriously discouraged on buying a PS4 at launch by the PS community and that hasn't changed.

I am only still on these boards outta spite but the best thing would probably be to let it die and move to the 360 board
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#3knightimexPosted 1/31/2014 9:40:54 AM
To be fair, I'm getting an xbo, but not until I can find one for less than $300.

So it'll be a while.
---
X from the Y simulator meme.
I will create.
#4curtlandPosted 1/31/2014 9:46:22 AM
I can see why you'd feel that way. I bought my PS4 first, and it's a great machine. Picked up an X1 later and guess what? It's a great machine!

I own and enjoy both. But the trolling done on this board by PS4 trolls, even though I'm sure it's a very small handful of people, is SO obnoxious and just constant.

I mean, I won't stop playing my PS4 any time soon. But I get where you're coming from.
---
Only idoits can't spell.
#5aszsithPosted 1/31/2014 9:46:28 AM
Honestly, I come here for the entertaining debate. I do not use the information here for anything BUT entertainment. I'm more than capable and willing to do my own research if I need/want legitimate information.

That encompasses my decision making process. The trolls and fanboys here will not be able to change my opinions on a consumer product they have bias towards/against.

I bought an XBOne on launch day. I bought 3 exclusive titles: DR3, Killer Instinct, and Ryse. I bought several multiplat titles: AC IV, Battlefield 4, Lego Marvel, and NFS Rivals.

I will buy a PS4 in 2014 or early 2015 once there are more exclusives for it.

At that point in time I will start buying multiplat games based on which one has the superior version. This would be, in my eyes, which one has exclusive content (Like Kratos in MK9), I have friends who play online and which system they chose to do so on, or in when those are non-factors, which one has better performance.

So, no. I haven't had a change of mind, heart, or anything else based on the user base here. But I have been entertained.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#6Exodus_PrimePosted 1/31/2014 9:48:13 AM
I'm with you TC, I have pre ordered TitanFall.
---
"Maybe all these clowns should chill out and stop trolling me." - MetroidFan9999
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#7ILikeGamesMan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 9:50:14 AM
krystyla posted...
I was seriously discouraged on buying a PS4 at launch by the PS community and that hasn't changed.

I am only still on these boards outta spite but the best thing would probably be to let it die and move to the 360 board

I know it sounds dumb when you think about it, but its really true. I feel like the PS4 vs X1 fights are exposing people for who they really are. As of right now, the people who constantly troll here are not gamers in my opinion. They would love to think they are, but they are not.

Its stupid too because the PS4 is a great machine. Every time I see it though I just think of this community and the fact its basically filled with people who talk about everything but games.
#8cheezedadadaPosted 1/31/2014 9:51:13 AM
Hey! My alt is back =)
---
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#9ILikeGamesMan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 9:56:02 AM
Awesome replies so far. Thanks guys.

And yes I am back! Was treated to a nice surprise getaway for my birthday so I missed some Gamefaqs drama I am sure. Mostly FPS and resolution still, so nothing important.
#10Reflex-ArcPosted 1/31/2014 10:07:13 AM
I'll echo the sentiment that the incessant trolling and the weird cult-like demeanor of the PS4's hardcore fans very nearly kept me from buying that console. I'm glad I did buy one. It's an impressive piece of kit, but those fans...they make The Children of the Corn look normal.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard