The leak of a cheaper new model prob has microsoft going crazy

#11TheRaiderNationPosted 1/31/2014 11:06:40 AM
I firmly believe Microsoft wasn't ready to launch the Xbox One. They felt they had to launch in the same window as Sony's PS4 otherwise they would be in trouble. As a result corners were cut on the the first generation Xbox One.

Seems like this new model is what Microsoft was shooting for the console's launch but couldn't make it happen.
#12leelee3105Posted 1/31/2014 11:51:43 AM
strawberry11 posted...
axelfooley2k5 posted...
Kovalchuk_ posted...
Microsoft probably leaked it themselves.

it is very likely .......

Microsoft PR seems so off beam right now that you could see them trolling their own early adopters in this way

If the rumours are true, it's not good for MS that it had leaked. It will hack off the hardcore who got in early. It will put off someone contemplating a purchase until the price drop, letting Sony consolidate their lead, and it will give Sony a chance to look at the reaction so as to inform their own future hardware decisions

MS obviously knows what theyre doing more than you do. Their breaking records on a weekly basis.
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#13Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 1/31/2014 11:58:57 AM
If it doesn't have a disc drive, then it doesn't matter to me. I will still be buying the One when I get my tax refund (hopefully by next Friday since I filed electronically and am getting it direct deposited).
---
I have to return some videotapes.
#14NavexPosted 2/2/2014 7:54:13 AM
Sheesh the One must be doing more terrible than all of us thought if they are already considering releasing a new version that's cheaper in less than a year it's been out. I'm glad to see MS is nervous and Sony is actually in the lead for once since MS as a company has always disgusted me. They still are getting my money though so kudos to them since all my friends are on Live so if I want to game with them I got to upgrade my 360.

And these idiots think they're going to push discless gaming...lol.
---
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kungfury/kung-fury
#15scoobydoobydontPosted 2/2/2014 8:02:35 AM
We had literally a year plus of rumors of a DD only Xbox (and before that, a DD 360). Anyone who feels strongly about it (like me) wouldn't have jumped in on launch, so there is no massive conflict here. No one is waiting to buy purely on the rumor of a DD SKU unless they are only interested in a DD SKU (like me). There is less talk about an actual price drop, it's a different value proposition for DD only. No one was screwed nor as far as we know is going to be screwed by a massive price change on the existing SKU. It's a different, optional SKU. As for white... everyone knew the second we saw them before launch there was a reasonable chance of that as well.

tl;dr Anyone feeling screwed were screwed by themselves, not MS.
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith