Your Favourite Video Game Genre?

#1left4breadFTWPosted 1/31/2014 11:54:50 AM
I wondered which genre is most popular amongst us all in this forum, so say your favourite genre then either 1 or 2 games you most enjoy from that genre (I don't know how to create or poll or if im even allowed too, but if this thread proves to be popular [unlikely] would someone be kind enough to create a new thread with a poll? Then I shall put a link of that thread on this one)

OK, so mine is horror, The Silent Hills and The Fatal Frames.
#2Joey-ZazaPosted 1/31/2014 12:01:18 PM(edited)
Sandbox - (Fallout 3, Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption, L.A. Noire)

I say this not because they are the most exciting but whenever I'm not really in a gaming mood these games always seem to bring me back. The replayability is phenominal as well. Games like the Tomb Raider Reboot are really great games but you play it once and possibly twice but never touch the game again.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#3TrickyPonyPosted 1/31/2014 12:25:07 PM
Joey-Zaza posted...

I say this not because they are the most exciting but whenever I'm not really in a gaming mood these games always seem to bring me back. The replayability is phenominal as well. Games like the Tomb Raider Reboot are really great games but you play it once and possibly twice but never touch the game again.

I 100%'d RDR and its DLC and never felt the urge to go back and replay it. That said Until you mentioned sandbox I was going to say TPS. I think I still prefer a TPS like Splinter Cell or Gears but I really like Sandbox games, but it has to be in a setting I like, the wildwest for instance, I'm bored of city settings like GTA.
#4lunaticcorePosted 1/31/2014 12:31:41 PM
When I was a kid I would play anything good on NES. Then the Snes came along and I was huge into RPG's thanks to Square. Square and RPG's dominated the majority of my playtime until Xbox Live. Since then I spent more time playing competitive shooters than anything else, but I love most games that offer some fun and action. Really love Dead Rising, Burnout, Fallout 3, Assassins Creed. I have spent months out of the year playing COD pretty much yearly since 4. Although Black Ops was the first one I really feel like I maxed out. Black Ops 2 is my fav, Ghosts is terrible.
#5bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 1/31/2014 12:44:59 PM
RTS and RPG
---
Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't Blink. Good Luck.
#6cheezedadadaPosted 1/31/2014 12:51:15 PM
I bet you'll see a lot of "RPG" replies. I am definitely one of them. JRPGS, WRPGS, ARPGS etc...I love 'em all. Especially open world ones like Dragons Dogma.
---
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#7FourManSevenPosted 1/31/2014 1:07:34 PM
Not much of an Xbox user anymore, I plan to buy an Xbox One once they drop in price,
But, my all time favorite genre is predominately Sony/Nintendo in RPG (JRPG). Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6
Seconded to that would be the action adventure genre with CastleVania Symphony of the Night (Kinda a hybrid of RPG and Action Adventure), Rondo of Blood, and Super Metroid.
#8Joey-ZazaPosted 1/31/2014 1:28:45 PM
TrickyPony posted...
Joey-Zaza posted...

I 100%'d RDR and its DLC and never felt the urge to go back and replay it. That said Until you mentioned sandbox I was going to say TPS. I think I still prefer a TPS like Splinter Cell or Gears but I really like Sandbox games, but it has to be in a setting I like, the wildwest for instance, I'm bored of city settings like GTA.

Yeah I agree with you there. It's mostly Bethesda games that I can replay and never get tired of them. That is until they glitch out on me.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#9thisispurecrapPosted 1/31/2014 3:53:30 PM(edited)
First person shooters with long campaign mode

Like them even more if there are RPG elements involved

Rage, Fallout 3
---
Tactics Ogre (snes) > any other game out there.