all digital is cool but

#1Hidan623Posted 1/31/2014 1:26:31 PM
i can't see myself having a digital only console....nothing against it but idk it's not the same feeling scrolling through 50 downloaded games is it is when I see my stack of cases up against the wall....i feel like i own way less with digital even though it's the same amount haha heck if xbla titles on the xbox 360 had been on disc i would have bought them on disc instead of on the marketplace haha
#2aszsithPosted 1/31/2014 2:16:13 PM
I agree. I like my collection of plastic cases. It gives me a reason to have a shelf to put various geek tchotchkes on.

That being said, I would like the ability to use the digital features with the disc based games like Microsoft had originally intended before the Internet hoards bellowed their displeasure and forced a policy change.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#3therickmu25Posted 1/31/2014 2:19:29 PM
Coming from the PC side, I havent purchased a hard copy of a game in years but I agree that for those games you realllly are looking forward to, it's nice to have the game all wrapped up in plastic, have the anticipation driving home and smelling the new game smell.

But I got over it when games were $2.50 on Steam.
---
PC: http://i.imgur.com/9Ho6VA1.jpg
#4GuitaristMattPosted 1/31/2014 2:21:41 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how dropping a disc drive allows them to drop the price to $399.
---
"Well if you think chickens can fly, we better pull up wikipedia." - S. Healy
PS4 FAQs http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67619422
#5zender1999Posted 1/31/2014 2:33:32 PM
all digital is not cool at all, ms will have total control over your gaming, bandwidth caps, cant resell your games, cant rent games, its just a way for ms to sneak in their original plan with the xbone and its anti consumer drm
#6DarkAdonis123Posted 1/31/2014 2:36:33 PM
GuitaristMatt posted...
I'm still trying to figure out how dropping a disc drive allows them to drop the price to $399.

It doesn't. But that's the only way they can make it enticing.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#7MidnightJacketPosted 1/31/2014 2:37:53 PM
GuitaristMatt posted...

My guess is the price reflects partially what it cost to buy and include a blu-ray disc (Sony technology) on their xbox, and partially taking a hit in the scheme that they'll make up the rest on the back end since you're all but gauranteed to purchase MS 1st party titles AND do it digitally. The ol' give away the razor and sell razor blades thing.

As far as the OP, I often find myself annoyed that I can bounce around games, TV, apps by just saying what I want to the kinect but I have to physically get up to change out the discs on my xbox to swap games. I'd still rather do that and get a physical copy of the game, but I can definitely understand the convenience side of things as well.
#8kennyynnooPosted 1/31/2014 2:38:04 PM
Wanna bet if they do it they do only digital exclusive games, no disc based exclusives so you can't buy used?

I would love a digital only ps4, I only want a few games in its future, mostly racing and sports, a few action.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#9shads3055Posted 1/31/2014 2:45:54 PM
I only use the disks for blue ray movies. so I would trade up for an all digital xbox one if it comes out or just live with mine as is. I love having not game disks to put in each time
#10crucialPosted 1/31/2014 2:56:43 PM
Many reason to buy digital

1.Midnight release for every game.

2.All ready buy all the DLC that is not on disc,so if you trade or sell that game those DLC's are now worthless and in this day and age every game has DLC.

3.Saves on power,less over heating and disc drive problems and we all know MS track record when it comes to disc drive,plus its a very cheep disc drive since the console was meant to DRM only so they put in horrible disc drives,I do not see many disc drives lasting with the day one consoles.

4.By going digital i save time and money,gas is not cheep and midnight releases where getting on my last nerve.

5.When I boot up my X1 I can just go to my pins and pick any game I want on the fly,no need to change discs when my buddy IM's me to play MP with him,just hit the home button select the game and boom with in 5 seconds I am playing my next game.

6.This will be the last gen that will see hard copy's of games so you my as well except it now because this is the future of gaming.

7.Digital sales are up 28% on next gen consoles and this number will only rise even higher,pretty soon I see pre order bonuses for DL only and maybe even a 5 or 10 dollar price drop.

It's not for everyone but this is the future.