all digital is cool but

#11Joey-ZazaPosted 1/31/2014 2:56:52 PM
I like all digital. I hate having all these cases lying all over the place and misplacing my games when I move (I moved around a lot when I first became independant in mid twenties). Also I have a drug addict cousin who would steal my games. I rarely sell my games and when I do, X-box games depreciate so rapidly, you can sell MW3 for like $5 on amazon it's not worth it.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#12pwnater777Posted 1/31/2014 3:08:22 PM
I'd never go digital only for a console. On PC I can do it because of all the amazing deals, but a console? Microsoft hardly ever has high quality deals for bigger name games, and I'm used to being able to buy pre-owned. No disc drive = no go. At least for this gen.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#13Darkside_ShadowPosted 1/31/2014 3:28:38 PM
Digital is superior in just about every way when it comes to execution of gameplay.
So it's all digital for me.
#14DarthvadePosted 1/31/2014 4:08:01 PM
zender1999 posted...
all digital is not cool at all, ms will have total control over your gaming, bandwidth caps, cant resell your games, cant rent games, its just a way for ms to sneak in their original plan with the xbone and its anti consumer drm

yes but you now have a choice, you can be 100% digital or stick to disks.

Honestly though do you think the next gen Xbox or PS will have optical drives? This gen will be that end of disc based games.
---
- Everybody Lies -
#15locksmithblackPosted 1/31/2014 4:09:57 PM
therickmu25 posted...
Coming from the PC side, I havent purchased a hard copy of a game in years but I agree that for those games you realllly are looking forward to, it's nice to have the game all wrapped up in plastic, have the anticipation driving home and smelling the new game smell.

But I got over it when games were $2.50 on Steam.

As weird as it sounds to say that, I completely agree.
---
Haters = Motivators
#16Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 1/31/2014 4:14:24 PM
Darthvade posted...
Honestly though do you think the next gen Xbox or PS will have optical drives? This gen will be that end of disc based games.

if they don't follow the business model of steam i promise you discs won't be going anywhere
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#17GuitaristMattPosted 1/31/2014 4:29:03 PM
Darthvade posted...
This gen will be that end of disc based games.

Only if you let it.
---
"Well if you think chickens can fly, we better pull up wikipedia." - S. Healy
PS4 FAQs http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67619422