The name Xbox 1 is confusing to the average American consumer.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. The name Xbox 1 is confusing to the average American consumer.
3 years ago#21
It actually is. Microsoft themselves didn't name the 360 XBOX 2 because they didn't like their console having a lower number than the competing PS3. And now some dumb guy at the marketing department comes up with Xbox One. Like...seriously? That makes it as bad a name as Wii U.

But then again, why are you even bringing this up TC, this is old facts.
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
3 years ago#22
For the majority of 30+ers buying stuff for children yeah

PSP2 > Vita
Wii 2 > Wii U
Xbox Infinity > Xbox One

Xbox not selling? A different reason most likely.
"Well if you think chickens can fly, we better pull up wikipedia." - S. Healy
PS4 FAQs http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67619422
3 years ago#23
I was talking to my mom about it around Christmas and I was saying Xbox one is $500. She was like "don't you have an Xbox one in your closet" I have the original Xbox in my closet.
3DS friend code:3883-5502-4640 IGN:Zero
3 years ago#24
Of course it would be.

In America, we got the Xbox One. I don't know when they plan to announce the Xbox 1, but they should probably wait until all of the Xbox One consoles sell first.
I'd like to play DayZ on consoles.
People who agree: 9
3 years ago#25
But it is selling, so this post is pointless. Well, it was pointless anyway.
3 years ago#26
AlexPuma posted...
casper316 posted...
GI_Ti posted...
That is the reason Xbox 1 consoles are sitting on the shelves. 360 > 1 therefore 360 is better. Most consumers probably think the Xbox1 is the classic original Xbox. Maybe Xbox 1 mini that comes out next year can save Microsoft from going third party.

is it just me or are the Sony Pony trolls just grasping at straws now? lol

I know, the Wii U is a perfect name and only idiots confuse it with the standard Wii.

Wait, what board am I on again?

Well MS knows how to properly advertise even though their PR is crape, while Nintendo doesn't seem to have one
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
3 years ago#27
what exactly do the sony fans have to reassure themselves of?

last I checked their 8th gen console of choice is in the lead by over a million units
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
3 years ago#28
krystyla posted...
AlexPuma posted...
casper316 posted...
GI_Ti posted...
That is the reason Xbox 1 consoles are sitting on the shelves. 360 > 1 therefore 360 is better. Most consumers probably think the Xbox1 is the classic original Xbox. Maybe Xbox 1 mini that comes out next year can save Microsoft from going third party.

is it just me or are the Sony Pony trolls just grasping at straws now? lol

I know, the Wii U is a perfect name and only idiots confuse it with the standard Wii.

Wait, what board am I on again?

Well MS knows how to properly advertise even though their PR is crape, while Nintendo doesn't seem to have one

Not to mention the fact that you won't find a new OG Xbox in stores. You will find a new Wii right next to the Wii U section.
My teeth are swords, my claws are spears, my wings are a hurricane!
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
3 years ago#29
Jedi454 posted...
Try again.

You obviously know nothing about marketing. The TC is correct. The Wii U also falls into this same category.
Duck Dynasty - The epicenter of ignorance and hate in America. And bad grooming habits.
3 years ago#30
PominAus posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Try again.

You also know nothing about marketing. The TC is correct. The Wii U also falls into this same category.
Duck Dynasty - The epicenter of ignorance and hate in America. And bad grooming habits.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. The name Xbox 1 is confusing to the average American consumer.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived