Anyway to upgrade free Killer Instinct?

#1656stoogePosted 2/1/2014 12:51:01 AM
So my friend got Killer Instinct for free in an email from MS and were loving it, but we can't find a way to upgrade it to the Ultra Edition without paying the full price.

Is there anyway to pay the difference, and if not, are they aware if this and working on a fix?
---
Typing on a phone, so ignore all spelling mistakes. Damn autocorrect.
#2aszsithPosted 2/1/2014 1:01:27 AM(edited)
Killer Instinct IS free. You get access to one character, which they rotate monthly-ish.

To upgrade costs the FULL price. There are 2 versions: The $20 game or the $40 Ultra edition which has the OG Arcade game as well as the extra skin packs included.

You can also purchase characters individually. If you do that and then decide to upgrade later, the price is adjusted based on how much you have paid. Free means you paid nothing, regardless of the content you have available to you.

Just because you got the $20 version for free doesn't mean you should be able to pay the extra $20 to get the $40 version.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#3Jakeab1995Posted 2/1/2014 12:56:41 AM
No way just yet. They are aware and are supposedly working on a fix for this.
---
PSN: jakeab1995
XBL: PublicEnemy09
#4lunaticcorePosted 2/1/2014 12:57:23 AM
They probably don't see it as an issue at all. They gave them away for free, if you want the Ultimate Edition you pay the full cost for it. There isn't any reasonable assumption that people should get a discount on the Ultimate edition because they were given a hookup.
#5lunaticcorePosted 2/1/2014 1:02:32 AM
aszsith posted...
Killer Instinct IS free. You get access to one character, which they rotate monthly-ish.

To upgrade costs the FULL price. There are 2 versions: The $20 game or the $40 Ultra edition which has the OG Arcade game as well as the extra skin packs included.

You can also purchase characters individually. If you do that and then decide to upgrade later, the price is adjusted based on how much you have paid.

They hooked up some people with all the characters via Email. Basically making the normal edition free for us.

They have said that the Classic versions wouldn't be sold separately. Seems like they wanted it to be strictly for the hardcore supporters.
#6RyuuHou25Posted 2/1/2014 1:25:55 AM
lunaticcore posted...
They probably don't see it as an issue at all. They gave them away for free, if you want the Ultimate Edition you pay the full cost for it. There isn't any reasonable assumption that people should get a discount on the Ultimate edition because they were given a hookup.

Precisely. You got it for free, what makes you think you deserve a discount on upgrading on top of that?
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#7656stooge(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 1:28:34 AM
lunaticcore posted...

Oh please. Gamers need to cut this crap out. No one is asking for a free handout or demanding discounts, but I doubt anyone is going to pay $50 AUS for a few extra bits of equipment and maybe a character if they already own 90% if the content.

We get it, companies need to make money, but it's a two way street, and they aren't making any this way.

Thanks to other user that didn't give such a lame response. Glad to hear they're aware if the issue. So over this recent trend of attacking the consumer any chance people can get.
---
Typing on a phone, so ignore all spelling mistakes. Damn autocorrect.
#8RyuuHou25Posted 2/1/2014 1:33:36 AM
656stooge posted...
lunaticcore posted...

Oh please. Gamers need to cut this crap out. No one is asking for a free handout or demanding discounts, but I doubt anyone is going to pay $50 AUS for a few extra bits of equipment and maybe a character if they already own 90% if the content.

We get it, companies need to make money, but it's a two way street, and they aren't making any this way.

Thanks to other user that didn't give such a lame response. Glad to hear they're aware if the issue. So over this recent trend of attacking the consumer any chance people can get.

1 - Yes you are asking for a free handout because you expect a discount for having the main game already despite the fact you paid nothing for it. You can doubt all you want, I guarantee there are people out there that have done it.

2 - The fact you call this an "issue" supports my first point.

3 - You got a game for free and you're b******* about not being able to get the original KI and the extras for what ~you~ think it's worth since you didn't pay for the game in the first place. This isn't a case of attacking the consumer, this is a case of calling out a spoiled person who thinks they're owed something simply because they have something in their possession.
---
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#9DojoMaxPosted 2/1/2014 1:37:33 AM
lunaticcore posted...

Oh fine. But consider this, people that bought the combo breaker pack for 20 bucks USD are in the same situation. Either we wait or pay 40 bucks to get KI classic and the classic costumes.
---
stop trollin
#10RyuuHou25Posted 2/1/2014 1:43:00 AM
Marqmax posted...
lunaticcore posted...

Oh fine. But consider this, people that bought the combo breaker pack for 20 bucks USD are in the same situation. Either we wait or pay 40 bucks to get KI classic and the classic costumes.

Why didn't you just buy the 40 dollar one in the first place?
---