Anyway to upgrade free Killer Instinct?

#21staticxtreme5Posted 2/1/2014 1:03:21 AM
I'm shocked at all the people jumping to defend having to pay $40 to upgrade your game from the $20 version (whether you paid for it or got it free). To me it doesn't make sense to not drop the price to upgrade your version, simply because most people that already have the $20 version won't pay $40 for a few extras. Not only that, but I'm SURE that they would rather have $20 from the people that got the game for free, than $0 from those same people.
#22RyuuHou25Posted 2/1/2014 1:03:40 AM
Marqmax posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
Marqmax posted...
lunaticcore posted...
They probably don't see it as an issue at all. They gave them away for free, if you want the Ultimate Edition you pay the full cost for it. There isn't any reasonable assumption that people should get a discount on the Ultimate edition because they were given a hookup.

Oh fine. But consider this, people that bought the combo breaker pack for 20 bucks USD are in the same situation. Either we wait or pay 40 bucks to get KI classic and the classic costumes.

Why didn't you just buy the 40 dollar one in the first place?

That's irrelevant.

Meaning you don't want to tell me because you don't want to hear me point out the obvious to you.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#23RyuuHou25Posted 2/1/2014 1:07:47 AM
staticxtreme5 posted...
I'm shocked at all the people jumping to defend having to pay $40 to upgrade your game from the $20 version (whether you paid for it or got it free). To me it doesn't make sense to not drop the price to upgrade your version, simply because most people that already have the $20 version won't pay $40 for a few extras. Not only that, but I'm SURE that they would rather have $20 from the people that got the game for free, than $0 from those same people.

Because perhaps the original KI and the costumes/accessories by themselves are worth more than 20? Perhaps the reason there isn't an upgrade option available is because they believe they make more money with how it currently works and didn't want to have people with the game for free upgrading? Forcing them to either pay the full price or deal what they have.....people will pay for it, if out of nothing else but sheer frustration.
---
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#24jakisthePosted 2/1/2014 1:10:17 AM
I'm confused...why do you expect you'll be able to get the Ultra edition for free?
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#25DojoMaxPosted 2/1/2014 1:10:23 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...

Meaning you don't want to tell me because you don't want to hear me point out the obvious to you.

Actually its a long story about nothing more than what my budget looked like at the time and the fact that I thought there was an upgrade option in place before hand.

I don't know what obvious you were planning on pointing out but point away bro. The fact is there should be a system in place and they said they're "working on it".

Its not of great importance to me at the present time anyways. I'm more pissed at the fact I just either got lagged put or rage quit on and now I'm in "jail". Which wouldnt bother me since most of the people are in jail anyways and I get matches quicker but some jago cheeser beat me twice before my disconnect with another guy and I wanted my revenge. That's a more pressing issue right now.
---
stop trollin
#26lunaticcorePosted 2/1/2014 1:12:08 AM
staticxtreme5 posted...

For some reason Rare has wanted the $40 ultimate edition be special for the hardcore fans, and they specifically mentioned before launch that they had no plans to offer the Classic games separate.
#27CaIiber345Posted 2/1/2014 1:12:32 AM
What about the $20 version if you actually paid for it? Can the $20 difference be paid to upgrade that?
---
I'd like to play DayZ on consoles.
People who agree: 9
#28staticxtreme5Posted 2/1/2014 1:13:12 AM
If they think they will make more money by the way its set up now versus what it should be, they are mistaken.
#29656stooge(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 1:16:23 AM
jakisthe posted...
I'm confused...why do you expect you'll be able to get the Ultra edition for free?

I don't. Basically (and remember it's really my friend that wants to know) we want to be able to pay the difference between the standard version and the Ultra version.

MS was awesome enough to give us 90% of the game for free, and we like it so much we want to upgrade to the full version. We're happy to pay the extra, but we're not going to pay for the entire thing if we already have access to most if what's on offer.
---
Typing on a phone, so ignore all spelling mistakes. Damn autocorrect.
#30RyuuHou25Posted 2/1/2014 1:19:10 AM
staticxtreme5 posted...
If they think they will make more money by the way its set up now versus what it should be, they are mistaken.

And what if they offered an upgrade but it was 30 dollars instead of 20? The Ultra edition is a bundle remember, there's no guarantee that you'd simply pay 20 dollars more and get the rest of it even if it was an option.

Also, Marqmax, where have they said they're working on this? Nobody has yet to actually provide a source for this.
---