Anyway to upgrade free Killer Instinct?

#31jakisthePosted 2/1/2014 2:20:21 AM
Oh, ok. That's a reasonable expectation, I feel, but I think you're SOL :/
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#32staticxtreme5Posted 2/1/2014 2:22:00 AM
656stooge posted...
jakisthe posted...
I'm confused...why do you expect you'll be able to get the Ultra edition for free?


I don't. Basically (and remember it's really my friend that wants to know) we want to be able to pay the difference between the standard version and the Ultra version.

MS was awesome enough to give us 90% of the game for free, and we like it so much we want to upgrade to the full version. We're happy to pay the extra, but we're not going to pay for the entire thing if we already have access to most if what's on offer.


I understand and agree with you 100%. What incentive do you have to pay $40 for 10% of a game when you got the other 90% for free. Basically they are going to end up with $0 from your friend and many like him (unless he bites the bullet and gets it anyways), when they could have had $20. Its a digital unlock anyways, so it would almost be completely pure profit. I hope they do change it, but it doesn't affect me too much anyways. I'll buy the standard edition when it goes on sale (even $5 off). I could care less about the Ultra edition.
#33656stooge(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 2:22:37 AM
jakisthe posted...
Oh, ok. That's a reasonable expectation, I feel, but I think you're SOL :/


Well I thought so. :)

Here's hoping they add the option eventually.
---
Typing on a phone, so ignore all spelling mistakes. Damn autocorrect.
#34lunaticcorePosted 2/1/2014 2:24:57 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
staticxtreme5 posted...
If they think they will make more money by the way its set up now versus what it should be, they are mistaken.


And what if they offered an upgrade but it was 30 dollars instead of 20? The Ultra edition is a bundle remember, there's no guarantee that you'd simply pay 20 dollars more and get the rest of it even if it was an option.

Also, Marqmax, where have they said they're working on this? Nobody has yet to actually provide a source for this.


http://www.doublehelixgames.com/forum/index.php?threads/can-you-update-to-the-ultra-pack-from-the-combo-breaker-pack.4694/

I don't have time to dig through the forums, but apparently some of the Devs have said they are "working on it" since Nov.
#35DojoMaxPosted 2/1/2014 2:42:54 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
staticxtreme5 posted...
If they think they will make more money by the way its set up now versus what it should be, they are mistaken.


And what if they offered an upgrade but it was 30 dollars instead of 20? The Ultra edition is a bundle remember, there's no guarantee that you'd simply pay 20 dollars more and get the rest of it even if it was an option.

Also, Marqmax, where have they said they're working on this? Nobody has yet to actually provide a source for this.


It was mentioned in a stream that they did a week or so ago. I put it in quotations because they haven't made and official announcement of anything. So I'm just taking it with a grain of salt.
---
stop trollin
#36BalinmarPosted 2/3/2014 10:31:22 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#37gunstar808Posted 2/4/2014 3:12:21 AM
Heh, I can't get over some of the ridiculous arguments in this thread.

As some other logic minded individuals have pointed out, if money can be made by upgrading from the $20 version to the $40, of course they (companies) will do it. Seems Double Helix is having some logistic problems at the moment, that's all.

@op tell your friend to be patient. I'm pretty sure a prorated upgrade path will be available sooner than later.

I'm also pretty sure its a small minority of people who are in this particular situation, so its probably not a pressing issue. But something they certainly plan to address.
---
GT: Arlong
#38stawg007Posted 2/4/2014 3:34:28 AM
I believe DH have said they're looking into helping people upgrade but it hasn't been implemented yet

They're still working on the season 1 characters and bug fixes and jail system

and guys, stop taking that Ryuu guy seriously, he's a known troll
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#39Robin_MaskPosted 2/4/2014 8:51:11 AM
stawg007 posted...
I believe DH have said they're looking into helping people upgrade but it hasn't been implemented yet

They're still working on the season 1 characters and bug fixes and jail system

and guys, stop taking that Ryuu guy seriously, he's a known troll


I was amazed at his reasoning at first.
---
Support! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero