Do you find any genuine joy in gaming any longer?

#1SigmaLongshotPosted 2/1/2014 7:45:11 AM
And this is a thread with an optimistic edge, as I hope someone says "definitely!" followed by an enthusiastic pitch of their most joyous gaming moments.

This generation thus far has been gleeful for me in all aspects bar this (and many other) gaming forums. Now I know the phrase "Only a needy baby cries", and for the most part it's very truthful - people that are contented are far less likely to be vocal, so the negative ones drown out any semblance of happiness, but these forums genuinely do seem like a truly miserable, depressing place to be as of late with every sparkle of genuine happiness being stamped out with aplomp by others with the notion of, "if I can't be happy, nobody can!"

So let's be more happy - more joyous and filled with the fun that games SHOULD evoke in people - games - as in, toys with rules - enjoyment with goals. Let's post our JOYOUS CURRENT-GENERATION MOMENTS!

I'll get the ball rolling with my first JOYOUS CURRENT-GEN MOMENT:

Having an epic battle on top of a mansion with my best friend in Dead Rising 3 - using only sex toys. I got knocked off the roof when he threw the weighty manhood at my skull. BOOM!
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#2Foxx3kPosted 2/1/2014 7:49:26 AM
Nope. I play games because I'm desperately trying to cling to something that once brought me joy, but now only brings frustration, depression, and apathy.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#3PominAusPosted 2/1/2014 7:52:34 AM
Foxx3k posted...
Nope. I play games because I'm desperately trying to cling to something that once brought me joy, but now only brings frustration, depression, and apathy.

Wow, now I'm depressed. Buzz kill!
---
Xbox Live GT 360/X1: Jaydeekay86
#4ill-thoughtsPosted 2/1/2014 7:53:32 AM
the last time I Enjoyed gaming was in 2011 with Skyrim, Saints Row The Third and Deus Ex Human Revolution....since then, iv been kind of going back to some older games like Hitman Contracts because the new stuff is just a re-skin of older concepts, nothing is really new and nothing has Any replay value at all. ill always enjoy Gaming, especially when Watch Dogs and The Crew come out....but im really waiting for Deus Ex Next and Cyberpunk 2077 in 2015, omfg.
#5Bellum_SacrumPosted 2/1/2014 8:03:05 AM
Yeah, try these three simple steps:

~ Never touch anything that has to do with online multiplayer ever again. Unless you have 100% control of who you're playing with/against.
~ Invite friends at home for local co-op or light-hearted competitive games. Make it regular.
~ Play some Nintendo games.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#6userfrigginamePosted 2/1/2014 8:04:01 AM
That's true that the ppl who are content are far less likely to be vocal. They're usually the ones actually playing games. I feel like msg boards are mostly a place for ppl to go who don't really get enough out of gaming itself, so they want to take it a step further and talk about not only video games, but the games industry and everything else.
#7motoraptorPosted 2/1/2014 9:07:08 AM
I enjoy gaming when I stay away from GFAQs. The negatives of visiting this site outweigh the positives. Why I keep coming back I don't know...
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#8ill-thoughtsPosted 2/1/2014 9:13:04 AM
motoraptor posted...
I enjoy gaming when I stay away from GFAQs. The negatives of visiting this site outweigh the positives. Why I keep coming back I don't know...

whats wrong with Gamefaqs???? its a website where people discuss gaming. it has its positives which I feel Far outweigh the negatives.
#9segagamerPosted 2/1/2014 9:18:05 AM
TC, if you don't like the new stuff, go play some old stuff.
---
Wii U+Xbox One :)
NNID: JZimino
#10knightimexPosted 2/1/2014 9:19:45 AM
Yep.
---
X from the Y simulator meme.
I will create.