Do you find any genuine joy in gaming any longer?

#31gogogodzillaPosted 2/1/2014 7:42:37 PM(edited)
Do you find any genuine joy in gaming any longer?

No.

Games aren't, for the most part, very enjoyable anymore. And game companies realize this, which is why their marketing departments are working so very hard to hide the actual gameplay from getting out prior to game release.

(The last game I really enjoyed was Skyrim. The rest were 'meh' or 'please end the misery'.)

---
My Chicken says, "Cluck!"
#32SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2014 3:27:26 AM
Alongside the sister topic I created, "Our Children", this is a really alarming proportion of people who "game despite hating it" or "game even though it makes them bitter and miserable".

It may actually go some way in understanding the blatant steamtrolling on this board, but it might also indicate that people are actually suffering clinical depression; one of the key symptoms is experiencing a "void" - a pure apathy, even to the things that used to bring them happiness.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#33MRL3G3NDPosted 2/3/2014 9:22:48 AM
I am currently enjoying BF4...but my type of gaming is far and few between.

I really miss the "thinking man's" shooters, rainbow Six 3, Ghost Recon 2... now the only choices are COD and BF4

I miss adventure games, where exploring is the main emphasis...We have nothing next gen but Assassins Creed... and I am totally burnt out on that.

I like strategy, and mech assault/chromehounds games...missing in action

it seems now the gaming industry will only develop games that are guaranteed to sell millions...so all we get is COD clones, and/or games that take elements from COD...if I see another score pop up in the middle of my screen for doing something insignificant again lol

I'm looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division... I think Next Gen will start when that drops next year sometime...
---
XBOX ONE BF4 CRAZY
http://youtu.be/wndCkss-AJA
#34mewmew42Posted 2/3/2014 9:36:44 AM
Yes i definitely find genuine joy in gaming

Next gen

FIFA14: getting one of the world best player to join the biggest turd club.wayne rooney joining leeds united

NBA2k14: scoring a 3pt in final second to win a match

Pirates creed: first week of pirating.best naval battle mechanics ever

Lego marvel: fun coop with waifu

Tomb raider: my 1080p/60fps cherry got popped

Last gen on 360

Dark souls: killing four kings, big wolf sif, o & s solo

Skyrim: first dragon battle

Dragons dogma: killing online dragon using an underlevelled lvl30 mystik archer

GTAV: Just playing it is joy itself
#35BloatedSquirrelPosted 2/3/2014 9:41:23 AM
I don't find much joy in games anymore. I remember the glory days of my brothers and friends coming over, system linking 2 xboxes, one upstairs, one downstairs, and having an all night halo-fest. Playing morrowind with a friend on a TV with picture in picture, one on the small part, one on the big picture. Now, my brothers don't really have time to game (families, important jobs, etc.) and I don't have the time like I used to either. A year or two ago I was having a blast playing Blops or BF3 with friends from work, but now I don't really have friends anymore, besides the girlfriend, but she doesn't play the same kind of games that I would. But anyways, there are very, very few "joy" moments in my gaming anymore :(
---
"We laugh in the face of love, because nobody's really there."
#36TwinmoldPosted 2/3/2014 9:42:39 AM
The large number of, "no I do not enjoy gaming" responses, really explains a lot about why gamefaqs is so trash for actual video game discussion.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#37BloatedSquirrelPosted 2/3/2014 9:46:56 AM
Twinmold posted...
The large number of, "no I do not enjoy gaming" responses, really explains a lot about why gamefaqs is so trash for actual video game discussion.

I'm sure everyone has sporadic "joy" moments, but maybe it's few and far between.
---
"We laugh in the face of love, because nobody's really there."
#38KiritoArtPosted 2/3/2014 9:47:43 AM
When I played Killer Instinct and got an ultra with a bunch of ex moves after I was gleefully cheery. I loved how much fun it was! Now KI is all I have had time on xb1 since I dont own my console yet. Only played my buddies. Also not counting xb1 I had great joy of playing a link between worlds and mario 3d world.
---
http://backloggery.com/chasealan
#39justdontaskPosted 2/4/2014 3:06:54 PM
Twinmold posted...

so much this.
---
i rarely return to topics i post in, if you have a problem with my posts, PM me.
i do track topics i create for a few days.
#40GrimmTrixXPosted 2/4/2014 3:17:09 PM
My joy still comes from playing older games. I mean i am just finally trying the Last of Us and so far its slow and kind of boring. Granted i am only like an hour into it but so far but still it doesnt feel like game of the year to me, not yet anyway. But i can go play any classic arcade game or nes game and have hours of fun. :shrug:
---
XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX