How do you feel about the new model coming out in a few months for $399

#1skermacPosted 2/1/2014 8:35:25 AM
Does it make you feel cheated for not waiting? Will you return yours and wait a few month to get it for $100 less? If you don't have one yet will you wait? I almost feel like returning mine now but its a hassle so I will probably just keep mine. But I do feel a little cheated the price is dropping less than a year after it comes out. Maybe they should give us a free game or credit to make up the difference to make it fair?

"A well respected senior source in the company says it will be a lower storage console."

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/xbox-one-price-cut-to-see-console-cost-the-same-as-ps4

That wouldn't bother me because I play 99% on disc games. Plus I never keep a game after I play it. My hd stays almost empty.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#2motoraptorPosted 2/1/2014 8:56:35 AM
What retailer has such an amazing return policy that you can return something months after using? I know Costco has (or at least, had) a one-year return policy on certain things.

If this lower-cost model does not have an optical disk drive I do not feel cheated at all. There is 0% chance of me going digital this gen due to stingy and expensive ISPs in Canada. I'll be buying physical for as long as I can.

If it's a model with less storage it wouldn't do me personally any justice either as I'd end up spending that $100 on an external hdd down the road anyway.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#3RandomUltraPosted 2/1/2014 9:02:03 AM
I'm happy even if it has less storage as long as it still has a disc drive, but if the rumors about the discless version I might never buy one.
I'm waiting to buy mine for Halo 5, only waiting for one without the kinect since I don't like that silly stuff.
It's not the price that's holding me back, hell I just bought a pair of AKG K712 PROs that cost the same as the xbox one, it's just that I really don't like kinect.
#4krystylaPosted 2/1/2014 9:04:28 AM
Not really I knew what I was getting as an early adopter. I paid extra to play early, that's how it always is. Want the newest tech, pay extra.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#5MrImpatient35Posted 2/1/2014 9:05:26 AM
It doesn't bother me because I doubt that by then, download speeds will be lightning fast to download these huge games. Also, what's the storage gonna be? I'd hope 1TB. Otherwise, it would be useless IMO. I also don't wanna wait for it. I think they said it might come out in November. So I'd miss Titanfall and Destiny? Nope. I'm not gonna miss those.
---
Can Titanfall hurry up and get in my life already?!!!
#6benjimainPosted 2/1/2014 9:05:58 AM
If it's a discless console, it's going to flop hard.
#7BruceLee1974Posted 2/1/2014 9:09:26 AM
If it did come out they would still keep both models wouldn't they ? If they didn't, that would be pretty silly and MS isn't silly. Sure they are greedy, but they aren't silly.
#8krystylaPosted 2/1/2014 9:14:32 AM
benjimain posted...
If it's a discless console, it's going to flop hard.

It's not supposed to be tremendous success, it's supposed to create a price equality w/ the PS4 for those only looking at the price and make the 500$ SKU look better, like the iPhone 5C
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#9aken909Posted 2/1/2014 9:22:46 AM(edited)
It's the DRM returned.

Digital only equals no resale / no used.

Of all the things to remove to lower the cost why the disk drive? You can buy a pc Blu-Ray retail for 35$ or less so Microsoft can easily get them for less than $20.

That's what I think.
#10MaverickneoPosted 2/1/2014 9:32:04 AM
A disc less xbox one? So digital only? Its going to bomb and I own an xbox1