How do you feel about the new model coming out in a few months for $399

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. How do you feel about the new model coming out in a few months for $399
2 years ago#1
Does it make you feel cheated for not waiting? Will you return yours and wait a few month to get it for $100 less? If you don't have one yet will you wait? I almost feel like returning mine now but its a hassle so I will probably just keep mine. But I do feel a little cheated the price is dropping less than a year after it comes out. Maybe they should give us a free game or credit to make up the difference to make it fair?

"A well respected senior source in the company says it will be a lower storage console."

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/xbox-one-price-cut-to-see-console-cost-the-same-as-ps4

That wouldn't bother me because I play 99% on disc games. Plus I never keep a game after I play it. My hd stays almost empty.
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
2 years ago#2
What retailer has such an amazing return policy that you can return something months after using? I know Costco has (or at least, had) a one-year return policy on certain things.

If this lower-cost model does not have an optical disk drive I do not feel cheated at all. There is 0% chance of me going digital this gen due to stingy and expensive ISPs in Canada. I'll be buying physical for as long as I can.

If it's a model with less storage it wouldn't do me personally any justice either as I'd end up spending that $100 on an external hdd down the road anyway.
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
2 years ago#3
I'm happy even if it has less storage as long as it still has a disc drive, but if the rumors about the discless version I might never buy one.
I'm waiting to buy mine for Halo 5, only waiting for one without the kinect since I don't like that silly stuff.
It's not the price that's holding me back, hell I just bought a pair of AKG K712 PROs that cost the same as the xbox one, it's just that I really don't like kinect.
2 years ago#4
Not really I knew what I was getting as an early adopter. I paid extra to play early, that's how it always is. Want the newest tech, pay extra.
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
2 years ago#5
It doesn't bother me because I doubt that by then, download speeds will be lightning fast to download these huge games. Also, what's the storage gonna be? I'd hope 1TB. Otherwise, it would be useless IMO. I also don't wanna wait for it. I think they said it might come out in November. So I'd miss Titanfall and Destiny? Nope. I'm not gonna miss those.
Can Titanfall hurry up and get in my life already?!!!
2 years ago#6
If it's a discless console, it's going to flop hard.
2 years ago#7
If it did come out they would still keep both models wouldn't they ? If they didn't, that would be pretty silly and MS isn't silly. Sure they are greedy, but they aren't silly.
2 years ago#8
benjimain posted...
If it's a discless console, it's going to flop hard.

It's not supposed to be tremendous success, it's supposed to create a price equality w/ the PS4 for those only looking at the price and make the 500$ SKU look better, like the iPhone 5C
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
2 years ago#9
It's the DRM returned.

Digital only equals no resale / no used.

Of all the things to remove to lower the cost why the disk drive? You can buy a pc Blu-Ray retail for 35$ or less so Microsoft can easily get them for less than $20.

That's what I think.
2 years ago#10
A disc less xbox one? So digital only? Its going to bomb and I own an xbox1
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. How do you feel about the new model coming out in a few months for $399

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived