Do you understand the diskless One is the return of the DRM? (no used/resale)

#81ILikesCheesePosted 2/1/2014 8:42:08 PM
bob15x posted...
aken909 posted...
Why else remove the disk drive? They only cost 35$ at retail and less than $20 in bulk.

And do you realize that MS had a plan in play to allow you to resell their games? And that plan is still in the wokrs? They said this during e3 and all the no thinking gamers ignored this

I've seen you post this garbage in several other threads on this subject.

Do you realize you are mistaken or are you purposefully spreading false information for reasons of personal gain?

Microsoft has no plan in place to allow consumers to "resell" their digital games.

What was mentioned after E3 concerning the original Xbox One DRM was confirmed to never have been a serious idea, only a PR response to generate 'good faith' after the massive negative feedback the Xbox One received. Microsoft is not currently working on any such "license transfer" project.

Those of us who actually use our brains can put one and one together to see that this is a way for Microsoft to return to their DRM plans of last year with future iterations of the console.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#82ILikesCheesePosted 2/1/2014 8:50:06 PM
krystyla posted...
I also said business perspective...

I've said it so often already I should probably make a topic about it but the 400$ SKU would be a very smart move indeed.

It's competitively priced, includes the Kinect, binds the customers to their store, bluray adapter could be sold additionally and makes the MK1 XBO look better.
It's similar to how the 5C made the 5S look better.

That part of your response I bolded is exactly why smart consumers like myself would never buy such a console as the proposed driveless Xbox One when alternative products exist that contain a blu ray drive, thus not binding customers to a corporation's personal store.

The DRM issue with the Xbox One from last year was one of the BIG 3 Bads of why I was never going to buy the console. Those Big 3 Bads were then removed by Microsoft and so I planned to pick up the machine later this year after the inevitable price drop. However, if this is how Microsoft is going to realize that price drop, I'm back on the NEVER BUY list because it is an obvious portent of how the company plans to do business in the future.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#83Superman070776Posted 2/1/2014 8:54:23 PM
I don't care about DRM, because I am fully digital this gen anyway. I guess people who are scared of owning a digital game they can never trade in for almost nothing, or buy used for much more than GameStop gave someone else...those people should have enough sense to not buy a console with no disc drive.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/BoilingKoolaid
#84krystylaPosted 2/1/2014 9:04:59 PM
ILikesCheese posted...
krystyla posted...
I also said business perspective...

I've said it so often already I should probably make a topic about it but the 400$ SKU would be a very smart move indeed.

It's competitively priced, includes the Kinect, binds the customers to their store, bluray adapter could be sold additionally and makes the MK1 XBO look better.
It's similar to how the 5C made the 5S look better.

That part of your response I bolded is exactly why smart consumers like myself would never buy such a console as the proposed driveless Xbox One when alternative products exist that contain a blu ray drive, thus not binding customers to a corporation's personal store.

The DRM issue with the Xbox One from last year was one of the BIG 3 Bads of why I was never going to buy the console. Those Big 3 Bads were then removed by Microsoft and so I planned to pick up the machine later this year after the inevitable price drop. However, if this is how Microsoft is going to realize that price drop, I'm back on the NEVER BUY list because it is an obvious portent of how the company plans to do business in the future.

How often do I have to point out that it's from a business perspective, I already have my XBO and as the MK1 won't be discontinued the customer still has the option not to go all digital. If you want a real price cut to the MK1 you'll just have to wait a bit longer.
MS is not forcing anyone to buy it, if you don't want to go all digital that's fine it's not for you move along, there's nothing shady nor customer unfriendly about it.
It's also been rumoured there'd be a Blu-ray adapter so you probably could upgrade any time if you want physical media.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#85riddlebox13Posted 2/1/2014 9:16:05 PM
I'm firm in believing that this is a horrible idea and won't earn them much in sales. If anything it will earn them a lot more criticism. People don't have the internet to download 20+ GBs in a reasonable amount of time. Hell, I have good internet and it still takes a good while. A good while that I could spend playing the game. By doing this as well people like GS should be pissed off because it will cut in to their sales and overall profits so I can't imagine them agreeing to sell this.
#86Superman070776Posted 2/1/2014 10:11:06 PM
riddlebox13 posted...
I'm firm in believing that this is a horrible idea and won't earn them much in sales. If anything it will earn them a lot more criticism. People don't have the internet to download 20+ GBs in a reasonable amount of time. Hell, I have good internet and it still takes a good while. A good while that I could spend playing the game. By doing this as well people like GS should be pissed off because it will cut in to their sales and overall profits so I can't imagine them agreeing to sell this.

Man, if only they had consulted you. I bet MS didn't do a single market test or focus group before spending money on new SKUs.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/BoilingKoolaid
#87baodeusPosted 2/2/2014 2:12:27 AM
@aken909

Yes, they are still profitable with disk base game only for some high well known profile games (GTA, Fifa, CoD, Halo, GT, skyrim, uncharted, gears, or some multiplatform games) but these few games sell well above 4-5 million in order to make profit.

Most other AAA games are just as costly (development cost, development time, more man power, publishing,manufacturing cost, distribution cost, etc...) but they dont sell well (even up to 3 million units just to sell at a loss or barely break even). How can you maintain a business in making game if you dont make any money (alot of AAA game developers are going out of business. It even trickle down to low budget indie games like Journey who also went bankrupt and they are digital; imagine if they were disc base with higher price tag). I haven't even mention about bootleging or illegal copy of the game problem with disk base, where as it is much more manageable with digital.

Again developing AAA game is much more costly, but they can't increase the game price anymore or else people will not buy them (see how gamestop prosper by selling used games at just $5 less than a new game).

Gamers always complain:
want free dlc, want more contents/more game time, more replay value, and want game to be cheaper than $60 . They expect alot more for $60 game when it will not be enough to cover all the cost associate with with the game, and especially when it doesnt sell well.

That is the problem that you dont see, but if you are in the business, than it is a really big problem for most developers when they dont sell (even good games too, not just bad ones).

So again, digital will eliminate alot of those costs (manufacturing, distribution, man power, fix and certification costs, etc...) while make everything cheaper and more efficient. because it is easier to make profit going digital, it is easier for developer/publisher to reduce the cost of the game which make it more affordable and encourage gamers to buy more games. I use Steam here because that is exactly how steam can sell their games at cheaper price than MS or Sony. Steam is a full on digital game distribution and it has gain 70-80 million users rather quickly which proves that consumers are just looking into more affordable game entertainment.

MS, Sony, PC gamers (steam user) notice that, but idiots console gamers who do not understand how business works still want disc base game. Now MS stuck with it and can't make digital version cheaper because retailers won't be able to sell disk base game when most, if not all, people would prefer cheaper and more convenient digital version instead. Would you buy a disk game if you can get it for 10-15 dollar cheaper? Now do you understand why you dont see cheaper digital version on sony and MS because they are both stuck with disk base. Look at Sony, they slowly moving toward online streaming as well because it is the most affordable for everyone and also better business wise.

if you want to stick to that disk, then prepare to pay for it and dont complain about getting rip off or game are too expansive. Entertainment is not cheap because it is not a neccessity. Obviously the PC folks are much smarter and forward thinking by supporting steam vs console gamers who keep clinging on to disk base for what? a false sense of ownership?
#88DojoMaxPosted 2/2/2014 2:55:47 AM
SS_MetalSonic posted...
jasomramirez666 posted...
. Sony owns the rights for Bluray.

Wow you people are making my brain hurt with your unrelenting ignorance.

---
stop trollin
#89wrettcaughnPosted 2/2/2014 6:17:26 AM
riddlebox13 posted...

50Mbps speeds here and it takes no longer to get the "Ready to Play" for digital than it does installing from disc.
#90majinbuu58Posted 2/2/2014 6:59:29 AM
aken909 posted...
bob15x posted...
jasomramirez666 posted...
Uhhh guys, this discless XB1 is supposedly the original XB1 concept.

It all changed because of major outcry after E3.

Looks like MS is slowly going back to what they initially planned after all. DRM might see the light of day after all.

Also, MS never wanted to use Bluray since every Bluray disc that enters the XB1 - MS has to pay Sony a licencing fee. Sony owns the rights for Bluray.

Why are you people so incapable of thinking.

The disk version is not going away. So if you do not want a digital only console. DONT BUY THE DAMN DIGITAL CONSOLE.

why is this simple fact eluding so many people. oh wait, gamefaq users, facts don't computer

I don't think that you can in anyway guarantee that the disk model won't disappear, maybe not at first but there is no way you can predict the long term goals.

And money dictates with Microsoft and if diskless is more profitable for them then it's more likely they will force that on people.

You're truly incapable of thinking, aren't you?