What was the first game this generation to disappoint you, and the first to wow?

#11TenzhiPosted 2/2/2014 3:42:43 AM
Biggest disappointment: Ryse

I have yet to be wowed.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#12Lawboy2Posted 2/2/2014 3:44:03 AM
Tenzhi posted...
Biggest disappointment: Ryse

I have yet to be wowed.

This is a first I have never heard someone say ryse wasn't awesome...heard complaints but never disappointment
#13TenzhiPosted 2/2/2014 3:51:19 AM
Lawboy2 posted...
This is a first I have never heard someone say ryse wasn't awesome...heard complaints but never disappointment

Dull combat irritatingly punctuated by brief bursts of slow motion and camera angles that really show off those "stab wounds" which, in slow motion, manage to look like bad clipping more than anything else... but that's just part of why the game isn't "awesome" to me. The disappointment comes from the developers setting a bad precedent by arbitrarily penalising a button command in an attempt to make using a voice command more appealing.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#14Lawboy2Posted 2/2/2014 3:57:24 AM
Tenzhi posted...
Lawboy2 posted...

Dull combat irritatingly punctuated by brief bursts of slow motion and camera angles that really show off those "stab wounds" which, in slow motion, manage to look like bad clipping more than anything else... but that's just part of why the game isn't "awesome" to me. The disappointment comes from the developers setting a bad precedent by arbitrarily penalising a button command in an attempt to make using a voice command more appealing.

Good point
#15Bryant187Posted 2/2/2014 5:23:21 AM
Disappointment - Zombie U
Impressive - DR3

Had we been able to have multis I would've said NfS Rivals as disappointment and AC4 as most impressive.
---
GT - Rizriel
#16Jeh64Posted 2/2/2014 5:38:35 AM
Madden disappointing and ryse or nba 2k wowed
#17DojoMaxPosted 2/2/2014 6:36:01 AM
Tenzhi posted...
Lawboy2 posted...

This!! That alone made me not want to play it a second time.
---
stop trollin
#18kennyynnooPosted 2/2/2014 7:05:05 AM
Biggest wow, Ryse, had no interest in it before I played it because I don't love the gladiator era.

Disappointment, Dead Rising 3, I was loving the looks of it but barely played it.

I avoided the Madden, NBA live games, experience told me to stay away.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#19zinsindettaPosted 2/2/2014 7:13:38 AM
Dead Rising 3 the first game I played wowed me. No load times, so nice.

Zoo Tycoon disappointed me a little because it had a zoo limit. But maybe that has to do with the 360 version being made as well.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#20UtterMoonPosted 2/2/2014 7:17:18 AM
Ryse is and will always be a disappointment, pretty game, but like nearly all Crytek games it lacks in every other facet.

I haven't been wowed yet...but by the end of the year I fully expect to be, and my guess is that it will come at the hands of The Witcher 3.