If Black Tusk was with Sony, the result would be a new franchise and a new GoW

#11scoobydoobydontPosted 2/1/2014 5:12:44 PM
It's all gossip, but from what has been said/what I've heard, it was never more than a demo, as well as BT has enough staff to work on 2 projects if they want. Who knows. I will say I personally would rather have literally any new IP they might have turned that demo into over another Gears, but that's me.
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#12Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 2/1/2014 5:16:36 PM
i remember before everyone kept saying how black tusk was working on some super secret awesome new IP and then it turns out they've just been pencil pushing for months waiting for HQ to buy them an already in existence IP to work on
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#13StrongBlackVinePosted 2/1/2014 7:27:00 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
i remember before everyone kept saying how black tusk was working on some super secret awesome new IP and then it turns out they've just been pencil pushing for months waiting for HQ to buy them an already in existence IP to work on

Just like 343. When is the last time a Microsoft owned studio created a successful game?
#14MajinGooPosted 2/1/2014 10:34:15 PM
If Black Tusk was with Sony they would be making and announcing games for the PS4. Once they announced them, you wouldn't even hear about them again until they get canceled and are re-announced for the PS5 and the next Xbox.
---
http://i.imgur.com/iJ8BI.gif
#15Masterchief5525Posted 2/1/2014 10:51:34 PM
Big Fan posted...
How would Black Tusk make GoW for Sony? Black Tusk didn't buy the Gears IP, MS did. This poll is stupid

---
i7-4770k | AMD Radeon HD 7990 | 8gb G.Skill 1600mhz | 2TB WD HDD | Asus Z87-A
#16DarthLaharlPosted 2/1/2014 10:59:07 PM
StrongBlackVine posted...
fuzzykuffs posted...
Sony cannot afford to pay the Black Tusk talent. If Sony had purchased Gears then they would have had to sell the rest of their real estate and Blacktusk would be programming in someone's mom's basement.

Sony cannot afford Black Tusk yet they own Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica, Media Molecule, Digital Polyphony and many other studios that have accomplished more than Black Tusk ever will?

If The Order 1886 is huge success I bet Sony buy's Ready at Dawn.

Sony also hired Corrinne Yu away Microsoft recently. She is one of the best programmers in the world and stated how happy she was to work on the PS4 instead of Microsoft hardware/software.

You should no better than to use any logic around here!

Go stand in the corner!
---
I hate Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft but I like their consoles and games.
PSN: Unretributed. NID: Unretributed
#17sdchiPosted 2/1/2014 11:04:22 PM
fuzzykuffs posted...
Sony cannot afford to pay the Black Tusk talent. If Sony had purchased Gears then they would have had to sell the rest of their real estate and Blacktusk would be programming in someone's mom's basement.

Sony cannot afford Black Tusk yet they own Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica, Media Molecule, Digital Polyphony and many other studios that have accomplished more than Black Tusk ever will?

Sony also hired Corrinne Yu away Microsoft recently. She is one of the best programmers in the world and stated how happy she was to work on the PS4 instead of Microsoft hardware/software.

Corinne Yu was associated with the inexcusable disaster that was Halo 4. I wish Sony would take the entire 343 team.
#18Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/1/2014 11:10:57 PM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Does Sony have enough buildings to sell to rent the Gears IP?

After slaughtering the Xbone in sales, I'm sure they have some spare cash laying around to buy a building to sell it later.

=)
---
Steam: Xeeh Bitz | PSN: Xeeh Bitz | XBL: Xeeh You
#19DarthLaharlPosted 2/1/2014 11:15:56 PM
sdchi posted...
fuzzykuffs posted...

Corinne Yu was associated with the inexcusable disaster that was Halo 4. I wish Sony would take the entire 343 team.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrinne_Yu

All those accomplishments, but let's focus on the "inexusable diaster" that was Halp 4 even though what was wrong with Halo wasn't even related to anything she would have worked on.... yeah...

That's like blaming the composer of a film for the films crappy plot.
---
I hate Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft but I like their consoles and games.
PSN: Unretributed. NID: Unretributed
#20sdchiPosted 2/1/2014 11:26:12 PM
DarthLaharl posted...
sdchi posted...
fuzzykuffs posted...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrinne_Yu

All those accomplishments, but let's focus on the "inexusable diaster" that was Halp 4 even though what was wrong with Halo wasn't even related to anything she would have worked on.... yeah...

That's like blaming the composer of a film for the films crappy plot.

I wouldn't care if she was the person who delivered coffee to the people who programmed the game. It was that bad. You Sony fans really wouldn't want 343 studios anyway.