Which controller is better? PS4 or Xbox One?

#1jazzlover511Posted 2/1/2014 4:20:02 PM
I'm not a hardcore fanboy here. It's just that I've been a Sony gamer since PS1, so I never have any Microsoft console till now. But I'm planning to get an Xbox One in the future.

As I have my PS4, DS4 is more comfy than DS3 in my opinion. I think One's controller has the same shape like 360's. I tried 360's controller before, when I played at my friend's. Maybe because it was just for a couple of time, but I donít think it's comfy for me.

So which next gen's controller is better for you people?
---
I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.
#2kennyynnooPosted 2/1/2014 4:25:06 PM
It's all about what you use the most and what you play. I owned ever ps/xbox, for racing I've always preferred the xbox thumb location but for sports ps. Action games vary. I race mostly so I prefer the xbox.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#3CurrentBigThingPosted 2/1/2014 4:33:05 PM
I'm primarily a PlayStation gamer but I prefer the way the xbox controllers feel.
---
"It is all that is left unsaid in which tragedies are made." - Kreia
#4Jedi454Posted 2/1/2014 4:33:52 PM
I loved Sony's controllers when I was younger, but my hands grew accustomed to Microsoft controllers. I could even tolerate the infamous Duke (First original Xbox controller) naturally i've felt more comfortable with Xbox since. I had a Ps3 and I found it hard to adjust to, because it's the same design since the 90's. I've felt the DS4 and don't like it, but when i'll get a PS4, i'm sure i'll change my mind.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#5kennyynnooPosted 2/1/2014 4:41:56 PM
Jedi454 posted...
I loved Sony's controllers when I was younger, but my hands grew accustomed to Microsoft controllers. I could even tolerate the infamous Duke (First original Xbox controller) naturally i've felt more comfortable with Xbox since. I had a Ps3 and I found it hard to adjust to, because it's the same design since the 90's. I've felt the DS4 and don't like it, but when i'll get a PS4, i'm sure i'll change my mind.

I bought a power A controller on ps3, same layout as the 360, used it for Gran turismo 5/6 and Gtav. I'm sure there will be after market ps4 controllers to get the same setup.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#6jazzlover511(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 4:51:02 PM
Now this is more like it, a discussion without bashing others. I haven't tried One'a controller, I want to soon. I hope I could get One soon.
---
I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.
#7656stoogePosted 2/1/2014 5:30:00 PM
Wii U Pro controller. Very comfortable and has an 80 hour battery life.

I haven't used the PS4 pad enough to comment on it, but the X1 pad is pretty good. Thing is though, it has a few issues the 360 pad never had that stop it being perfect. But I guess a functioning d-pad trumps all those issues.

The minor gripes, by the way, are:

*Thumbsticks tops too small and hard (insert in-your-endo here!)

*D-pad is too slippery

*Bumpers are functional, but still a step back

*My friend's Day One Edition feels cheap and the triggers have an edge to them that his other pad doesn't
---
Typing on a phone, so ignore all spelling mistakes. Damn autocorrect.
#8benjimainPosted 2/1/2014 5:31:46 PM
PS4 wins. Everyone knows it. It won on the IGN poll too that asked all of the internet's gamers. PS4 was the clear winner.
#9SnoicFactorPosted 2/1/2014 5:32:36 PM
PS4. X1's is too small and the bumpers simply suck. Rest is tolerable. I preferred the 360 pad.
---
nt
#10jastenPosted 2/1/2014 5:32:59 PM
Surprisingly the DS4... the 360 controller was the best of last gen, with the DS3 just being too small and thus a lot of cramps during long gaming sessions. The DS4 just fits my hands well the spacing feels just right.. not sure if it's better than the Wavebird Gamecube controller or that original Xbox behemoth... I really loved the origincal and first Xbox controller. Just fit my hands perfectly.
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
Becoming a monster to fight the monster still ends with a monster.