can you plug headphones into the X1 controller instead of the back of your TV?

#1soysaucemanPosted 2/1/2014 11:28:37 PM
I don't mean a mic, I mean proper headphones for listening to the game music etc. I heard you can do that on PS4 and thought it sounded cool.
#2elbarto1Posted 2/1/2014 11:30:40 PM
Not yet.
Xbone has a proprietary jack. Maybe once an adapter gets released but I'd expect just game chat audio then.
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY
#3soysauceman(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 11:31:03 PM
elbarto1 posted...
Not yet.
Xbone has a proprietary jack. Maybe once an adapter gets released but I'd expect just game chat audio then.

ok, thanks.
#4Lawboy2Posted 2/1/2014 11:35:43 PM
soysauceman posted...
elbarto1 posted...
Not yet.

ok, thanks.

There are headphones coming in march....the titanfall headset comes with an adaptor to plug headphones into the controller...there are also some Polk adios coming out...check gamestop u can read more about them
#5soysauceman(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 11:36:55 PM
Lawboy2 posted...
soysauceman posted...
elbarto1 posted...
Not yet.

ok, thanks.

There are headphones coming in march....the titanfall headset comes with an adaptor to plug headphones into the controller...there are also some Polk adios coming out...check gamestop u can read more about them

:)
#6PraetorXynPosted 2/2/2014 12:16:17 AM
I personally don't see how you console guys can stand that whole plugging into the controller thing.

When I go over to my friend's house and try to play on console with his extra headset I just keep swarping my arm through the cord and jerking it out.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#7CapwnDPosted 2/2/2014 1:13:54 AM
PraetorXyn posted...
I personally don't see how you console guys can stand that whole plugging into the controller thing.

When I go over to my friend's house and try to play on console with his extra headset I just keep swarping my arm through the cord and jerking it out.

You sound very graceful.

If you used my headset setup, I imagine you'd end up strangling yourself with the wires.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#8PraetorXynPosted 2/2/2014 1:55:38 AM
CapwnD posted...
PraetorXyn posted...

You sound very graceful.

If you used my headset setup, I imagine you'd end up strangling yourself with the wires.

As long as the cable's out of the way o fmy arms there's no problem. The console should just have a mic port where it has the 3.5mm audio port then nothing gets in the way.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#9DojoMaxPosted 2/2/2014 2:03:07 AM
That was the most convenient feature from the ps4 for me. It worked well.
---
stop trollin
#10Spetsnaz420Posted 2/2/2014 2:21:47 AM
Marqmax posted...
That was the most convenient feature from the ps4 for me. It worked well.

Yeah it's nice using any earphones or heads you want
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?