Why is everyone so excited for digital only?

#1RicoKillerconPosted 2/2/2014 2:13:01 AM
I just don't see that being a positive for any of us right now.

People say digital only will be cheaper but..With the ways things are going in the US with net neutrality struck down its only a matter of time before people are forced to pay more for what they get today. So if any savings do come from cutting out the physical media will be a wash in the end. In other countries there are already severe data caps...would kinda suck downloading 1 game a month before reaching that cap or again pay even more.

Then there's the fact that even with the Internet being so prevalent in the world the mass majority have slow connections that 40+gb downloads seem far fetch for everyone to do.

It just seems to me that companies are pushing this way of distribution way to fast before the ground work to make it possible for everyone is there. It works as an option but the sole way won't be happening in this generation and most likely not even the next two. Internet companies are doing everything in their power to milk consumers and not update their service.
#2Lawboy2Posted 2/2/2014 2:28:04 AM
Have u tried digital only....do you have an apple air...or a laptop without cd drive...
#3Xuande12Posted 2/2/2014 3:34:39 AM
Most people prefer hard copies.
---
Norman Bates does it for his mother.
#4scoobydoobydontPosted 2/2/2014 3:45:16 AM
Most people prefer DD.

/made up fact
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#5towlie_420Posted 2/2/2014 4:13:03 AM
I like both. games that I know I'll be playing consistently for a year or more, I get the disc. If I think that I'm gonna spent 2-3 weeks with it and then not play it again for a good long while I go digital.
---
Corner camping isn't playing, its the video game equivalent of tripping people as they walk by
#6staticxtreme5Posted 2/2/2014 4:26:45 AM
towlie_420 posted...
I like both. games that I know I'll be playing consistently for a year or more, I get the disc. If I think that I'm gonna spent 2-3 weeks with it and then not play it again for a good long while I go digital.

To me, this is completely backwards of what I would do if I used both discs and digital. Why would you not want all the games you play regularly installed to the HDD without the need to insert a disc when changing between them? I would rather buy physical for a game I play for a short period then delete it and put the disc away / sell it.
#7MrSpaM111Posted 2/2/2014 4:41:37 AM
People aren't excited about it, hense why MS had to get rid of all the drm BS.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#8kennyynnooPosted 2/2/2014 4:55:45 AM
I would take a second console cheaper. I mean if ps4 did it I would grab one sooner, I would only need a few games the next couple years since I can still but multiplatform games on the xbox but I would get a ps4 for $299 sooner if they could do it.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#9ill-thoughtsPosted 2/2/2014 5:13:30 AM
wait, are they coming out with a download only Console with no Kinect and no disc drive????

if so then GLOOORRRYYY HALLELUJAHHH!!!! ^*O*^

do you know how long iv waited for this??????? download only is the FUTURE. why do people want to hold on to disc drive errors and spending more for physical copies??????
#10WildsparkPosted 2/2/2014 5:26:54 AM
ill-thoughts posted...
wait, are they coming out with a download only Console with no Kinect and no disc drive????

if so then GLOOORRRYYY HALLELUJAHHH!!!! ^*O*^

do you know how long iv waited for this??????? download only is the FUTURE. why do people want to hold on to disc drive errors and spending more for physical copies??????

Because that almost never happens and people who don't want to get up and switch discs just sound lazy.
---
When you grow up, your heart dies- Ally Sheedy