Why is everyone so excited for digital only?

#11PominAusPosted 2/2/2014 6:36:09 AM
staticxtreme5 posted...
towlie_420 posted...
I like both. games that I know I'll be playing consistently for a year or more, I get the disc. If I think that I'm gonna spent 2-3 weeks with it and then not play it again for a good long while I go digital.

To me, this is completely backwards of what I would do if I used both discs and digital. Why would you not want all the games you play regularly installed to the HDD without the need to insert a disc when changing between them? I would rather buy physical for a game I play for a short period then delete it and put the disc away / sell it.

^This.
---
Xbox Live GT 360/One: Jaydeekay86
#12ill-thoughtsPosted 2/2/2014 6:37:00 AM
Wildspark posted...
ill-thoughts posted...
wait, are they coming out with a download only Console with no Kinect and no disc drive????

if so then GLOOORRRYYY HALLELUJAHHH!!!! ^*O*^

do you know how long iv waited for this??????? download only is the FUTURE. why do people want to hold on to disc drive errors and spending more for physical copies??????

Because that almost never happens and people who don't want to get up and switch discs just sound lazy.

do you know how many xbox 360's iv had to trash because of DISC DRIVE ERRORS??????

you don't know -_- you couldn't possibly know....about a handful.
#13locksmithblackPosted 2/2/2014 6:53:49 AM
I only go digital if it's mandatory i.e. Killer Instinct.
---
Haters = Motivators
#14Merc123Posted 2/2/2014 7:17:55 AM
Well with games installing digital and physical are starting to become similar since they both take up the space on the HDD. The difference that i will not go full digital is because of time. I have decently fast internet but it will always take longer to DL and game than it will to install off the disc. I don't really see why anyone would go digital only, especially with these tiny HDD.
---
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721
Gamertag - Brokeslimjim v3 / PSN - Brokeslimjim
#15kennyynnooPosted 2/2/2014 7:25:45 AM
Merc123 posted...
Well with games installing digital and physical are starting to become similar since they both take up the space on the HDD. The difference that i will not go full digital is because of time. I have decently fast internet but it will always take longer to DL and game than it will to install off the disc. I don't really see why anyone would go digital only, especially with these tiny HDD.

hdd is irrelevant, you can uninstall and re install all you want. You don't need 10 games installed at once, with it installing when its off it works well to switch games since it downloads for you. The only downside to discless is used game trade in and forced pricing but if stores discount Microsoft cards it might counter, they sell the 1 year memberships to gold for $40 occasionally so I don't see why not.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#16MistaAtlasPosted 2/2/2014 7:29:32 AM
digital is the way to go
---
GT:Wh0oIsJohnGalt I Steam:Whoisjohngalt I PSN:MistaAtlas
#17Reece504Posted 2/2/2014 7:34:41 AM
MistaAtlas posted...
digital is the way to go

until your gamertag gets hacked then all your games go with it, god forbid your hardrive goes out you wait to get a new one and in the meantime this hack happens then you can't re download your games.
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#18NavexPosted 2/2/2014 7:49:50 AM
I'm not getting into why I despise the idea of digital only but I will say one thing about it that I cannot stand anytime is I hate streaming crap. Even if you have an excellent connection you can still get a horrid stream with lag and constant buffering because of the site/service you're using. So no, I hate the idea of everything becoming streamable.
---
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kungfury/kung-fury
#19Dudeman315Posted 2/2/2014 7:51:26 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
Merc123 posted...

hdd is irrelevant, you can uninstall and re install all you want. You don't need 10 games installed at once, with it installing when its off it works well to switch games since it downloads for you. The only downside to discless is used game trade in and forced pricing but if stores discount Microsoft cards it might counter, they sell the 1 year memberships to gold for $40 occasionally so I don't see why not.

I play more than 10 different games on my 360 on a weekly basis.

Why discount a item if you have a monopoly(no other way to acquire games)?
Why sell cards at retailers but not games?
What happens when your ISP starts charging you per kilobyte downloaded(no net neutrality) or a $10 a month xbox live un-throttle fee if you want speed more than 1kb per second?

Granted the last two are thing MS should be fighting against as a Company, but they they are not--so if they need to buy un-throttled access that price will go back into the games prices, which since they have a monopoly on under DD the gamer has no recourse but to pay the inflated price or never play the game.
#20scoobydoobydontPosted 2/2/2014 7:54:28 AM
Dudeman315 posted...
Granted the last two are thing MS should be fighting against as a Company, but they they are not....

We got an insider here folks, step aside!
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith