Digital Foundry bashes the XB1 media capabilities.

#1strawberry11Posted 2/2/2014 2:14:34 AM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-ps4-vs-xbox-one-which-is-the-better-media-player

Granted, some of the criticisms don't count in the USA (50hz issues, no TV guide), but really, that's the problem isn't it. Right from the start Microsoft have given the impression that the XB1 is a machine for NFL watching Americans. Have they given any thought whatsoever to the rest (I.e. Most) of the world? When you look at the 50hz issue, quite clearly not
---
Yes my game is Wiggle jiggle.
#2benjimainPosted 2/2/2014 2:17:26 AM
Poor MS is really floundering with this console.
#3strawberry11(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2014 2:35:26 AM
benjimain posted...
Poor MS is really floundering with this console.

Yeah, they've been caught on the hop. They clearly rushed the console out too quickly, to go toe to toe with Sony. Then they were chasing their tails when they scrapped the whole DRM system.

To a certain extent, regarding media capabilities, the same criticisms can be levelled at the PS4. But Sony always pushed The PS4 for its gaming bells rather than its multimedia whistles, so they can be cut more slack in that regard.

Hopefully, most of the issues identified by DF on both consoles can be sorted out by future updates. But I don't really see how MS are ever going to satisfactorily be able to sort out the 50hz issue on XB1 whilst retaining its core quick snapping multimedia thing
---
Yes my game is Wiggle jiggle.
#4DojoMaxPosted 2/2/2014 2:46:03 AM
Doesn't apply to me so I really don't care
---
stop trollin
#5SnoicFactorPosted 2/2/2014 2:47:37 AM
They rushed it, but it can be fixed with time and updates. What MS does have right now is better games.
---
nt
#6_SCOTSLADPosted 2/2/2014 2:49:13 AM
What I do not understand is the 50hz thing, it is not a new problem.

We have been suffering this since the ps 1 days, if you *cough* copied NTSC games and run them on a pal ps1 they were black and white picture no colour if the TV could not decode the signal.

This was the same for ps2' original xbox hell games on xbox 360 like Oblivion has on the box only plays at 60hz if your TV can't do 60hz you can't play.

Now the advent of HDTVs being the norm 50/60 hz should be a thing of the past but it's not because here in the UK we still broadcast TV at 50hz even now we don't broadcast analog it's all digital it's still 50hz 'cause not everyone has a new TV that can decode 60hz.
---
"I just heard a *FUMP* sound, like that of a billion fanboy heads exploding in unison."
#7SigmaLongshotPosted 2/2/2014 2:49:23 AM
Yeah, me too, looks like Microsoft better pack up their lemonade stall, I'm with you guys, I'm agreeing with the overwhelmingly negative responses that topics of this ilk garner.

FPS, power of cloud, more expensive, spycam, and so forth.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#8GLAMPIREPosted 2/2/2014 2:59:13 AM
Marqmax posted...
Doesn't apply to me so I really don't care

Whether it affects you or not isn't any reason to not care, because Microsoft need to make money and profit not just from the US to survive, so in the long run, it would affect you, if you see what I mean.
---
XBL Gamertag Andii Vamp
PSN ID andii_vamp (FFXIV ARR: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2163865/ )
#9_SCOTSLADPosted 2/2/2014 3:00:39 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
Yeah, me too, looks like Microsoft better pack up their lemonade stall, I'm with you guys, I'm agreeing with the overwhelmingly negative responses that topics of this ilk garner.

I ain't agreeing I am fortunate enough to have both, I just hate how here we get shafted over these features that someone know better about broadcasting option in other regions, rip of uk etc etc.

He'll I am just glad my xbox can understand scottish accents.
---
"I just heard a *FUMP* sound, like that of a billion fanboy heads exploding in unison."
#10SigmaLongshotPosted 2/2/2014 3:02:39 AM
_SCOTSLAD posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...

I ain't agreeing I am fortunate enough to have both, I just hate how here we get shafted over these features that someone know better about broadcasting option in other regions, rip of uk etc etc.

He'll I am just glad my xbox can understand scottish accents.

Stirling lad here so I get you!

XBOX, VOLUME UP.
...ya bawbag.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/