Digital Foundry bashes the XB1 media capabilities.

#21DojoMaxPosted 2/2/2014 5:03:48 AM
strawberry11 posted...
Marqmax posted...
Doesn't apply to me so I really don't care

Thanks for that contribution.
It might not impact you directly ( although I would have thought the issues with BluRay playback and netflix streaming would effect you?) but if this impacts worldwide X1 sales, then it will likely will impact you indirectly no?

I have had zero and I honestly mean zero issues with Netflix or BluRay on either X1 or PS4. If its an issue then I'm sure MS will fix it for your region. Why wouldn't they. And as far as consoles being rushed. Both of these new consoles and the Wii U were rushed to the market. Before E3 I thought both consoles were still a year off. I was wrong and they rushed them, half assed to the market. We will be playing catch up for a while.

Reason for my snarky remark is because trolls say "hurr hurr, have fun with your media box with features no one cares about." But if one of said features has a flaw or an issue they attack X1 on the features no one supposedly cares about. I really don't get it. Its either one or the other.
---
stop trollin
#22DojoMaxPosted 2/2/2014 5:09:36 AM
strawberry11 posted...
GLAMPIRE posted...
strawberry11 posted...
GLAMPIRE posted...
Marqmax posted...
Doesn't apply to me so I really don't care

Whether it affects you or not isn't any reason to not care, because Microsoft need to make money and profit not just from the US to survive, so in the long run, it would affect you, if you see what I mean.

Wow, what a grown up response. You sound like a 7 yr old NOT LISTENING NOT LISTENING

Was that to me? If so, I basically said what you said later... that it would affect Microsoft and sales, and impacting people that say they don't care.

Sorry, it wasn't to you. My f*** up. I deleted the post.

I think even the person I did intend it for I may not have not had my sarcasm radar on properly. It's hard to tell on gf boards sometimes...

If that's to me then I'll add that to my list. So far I've been:
A Pony
A Bot
A Troll
And now 7.

Lol
---
stop trollin
#23TheMeanRockPosted 2/2/2014 5:18:30 AM
SnoicFactor posted...
They rushed it, but it can be fixed with time and updates. What MS does have right now is better games.

Who actually believes this outside of this board?
---
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8059/8199250304_01370f5a4e_c.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8337/8207044795_85d12224dd_z.jpg
#24krystylaPosted 2/2/2014 5:22:38 AM
I don't have a problem I use a VPN to get access to Netflix, use the pass through for my PS3, Netflix streaming works great even through the VPN. My TV signal gets fed into my TV directly anyway and still having 50hz as standard is really dumb.
I live in Austria btw.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#25BloodyDove2vsPosted 2/2/2014 7:00:00 AM
good post
---
1080p is the Holy Grail of HD resolution minus the XB1M13.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
#26strawberry11(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2014 7:06:18 AM
Marqmax posted...
If its an issue then I'm sure MS will fix it for your region. Why wouldn't they. And as far as consoles being rushed. Both of these new consoles and the Wii U were rushed to the market. Before E3 I thought both consoles were still a year off. I was wrong and they rushed them, half assed to the market. We will be playing catch up for a while.

The thing is, I don't know how they can fix the 50hz compatibility issue, not without borking the intergrated cross-media functionality anyway. Hopefully they can.

Reason for my snarky remark is because trolls say "hurr hurr, have fun with your media box with features no one cares about." But if one of said features has a flaw or an issue they attack X1 on the features no one supposedly cares about. I really don't get it. Its either one or the other.

That cuts both ways. People defend the X1 and justify it's lower gaming performance specs by pointing out that they buy it for the whole package, and then it turns out that the package is broken/ non existent outside USA and we are left with "it doesn't effect me I don't care". That's fine, but this does impact people in Europe. Even in the UK where the 360 was more popular than the PS3, we see the market share positions now completely reversed for X1/PS4.
---
Yes my game is Wiggle jiggle.
#27IKnowGameFuPosted 2/2/2014 7:14:57 AM
strawberry11 posted...
benjimain posted...
Poor MS is really floundering with this console.

Yeah, they've been caught on the hop. They clearly rushed the console out too quickly, to go toe to toe with Sony. Then they were chasing their tails when they scrapped the whole DRM system.

To a certain extent, regarding media capabilities, the same criticisms can be levelled at the PS4. But Sony always pushed The PS4 for its gaming bells rather than its multimedia whistles, so they can be cut more slack in that regard.

Hopefully, most of the issues identified by DF on both consoles can be sorted out by future updates. But I don't really see how MS are ever going to satisfactorily be able to sort out the 50hz issue on XB1 whilst retaining its core quick snapping multimedia thing

They both rushed their systems and Sony shouldn't be cut any slack either.
---
"you dawg i heard you like watching TV so i put a TV in your TV so you can watch TV while you watch TV" --- the_great_tidus on 360 TV
#28benjimainPosted 2/2/2014 7:21:55 AM
Lol at the idea that Sony rushed their system when it was planned from 2008 and revealed in February last year.
#29scoobydoobydontPosted 2/2/2014 7:30:00 AM
I guess I hit a nerve of a Europeon with no sense of humor. lol At least tc got it.
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#30IKnowGameFuPosted 2/2/2014 7:35:23 AM
benjimain posted...
Lol at the idea that Sony rushed their system when it was planned from 2008 and revealed in February last year.

They shipped their console without even having Blu-ray/DVD movie support out of the box. That should tell you something. Also back in February all we saw were a few slides about the UI. The rest was game trailers and people talking. Sure they were good about planning out their hardware design, but their UI and system features were released half-baked.
---
"you dawg i heard you like watching TV so i put a TV in your TV so you can watch TV while you watch TV" --- the_great_tidus on 360 TV