The cloud is going to make the CPU 3-4 times more powerful!

#21SigmaLongshotPosted 2/2/2014 12:48:17 PM
SigmaLongshot posted...
Laylow, seriously, the dead horse is like pulp now. Leave it be. It's like... almost horse liquid.

Jutzen, I am with you, buddy.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#22pigboyPosted 2/2/2014 12:50:05 PM
Laylow12 posted...
http://www.develop-online.net/news/microsoft-cloud-makes-xbox-one-four-times-more-powerful/0114948

The cloud is going to make the CPU three to four times more powerful according to Microsoft themselves and they've been honest with us about everything up until this point, right?

Microsoft purchased this "technology" from Sega.

It used to be called the "Blast Processing". lol
#23PorungaPosted 2/2/2014 12:53:26 PM(edited)
Foxx3k posted...
SaQu1B posted...
It is possible.. but you need google fiber

Not really.

It's a common misconception around these boards - and from gamers - that as the computational complexity increases, the size of the output must increase as well.

Imagine, say, Civilization. Towards the end of the game AI turns can take a while to generate. This could be offloaded to the cloud, as the computational complexity of the AI is extreme, but the "output" (ie - the actual moves) could be a small in size.

Yes, but what they were describing wasn't limited to AI computation and behavior. They were talking about actual game and graphics processing. It would be IMPOSSIBLE on current internet infrastructure. The amount of data that is being pushed through the bus of the system, the amount of data being run through the cpu and gpu, is absolutely impossible to offload to the cloud.
#24Laylow12(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2014 12:55:55 PM
SigmaLongshot posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
Laylow, seriously, the dead horse is like pulp now. Leave it be. It's like... almost horse liquid.

Woah, you forgot to change accounts there friend!

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#25Laylow12(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2014 12:58:39 PM
Laylow12 posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...

So SigmaLongshot = Jutzen76. Good to know, another Microsoft employee exposed using dual accounts to reassure.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#26TheSL1ClubPosted 2/2/2014 12:58:46 PM
SigmaLongshot posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...

This is just sad, facepalm.
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.
#27SigmaLongshotPosted 2/2/2014 1:03:26 PM
Jutzen, apparently we're the same dude. Me, a game-developing Scot with a penchant for satire and wry retort. You... well, whoever you happen to be.

Want to join me in a truly homoerotic rendition of the Spice Girls' "When Two Become One"?
---
#28krystylaPosted 2/2/2014 1:03:48 PM
Laylow12 posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...

Jutzen already was in this thread...

Juzten76 posted...
Is that a horse TC is beating? I can't tell anymore.

Even if he might be both he simply misquoted
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#29TargettPracticePosted 2/2/2014 1:06:22 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
people with 3 mb down connections dedicating their entire line to the cloud would barely see a 1 fps upgrade in computing power.

Wow 1fps of computing power? I'm glad we have such a well versed expert on hand to provide relevant and accurate information. 1fps of computing power isn't enough!!
#30SigmaLongshotPosted 2/2/2014 1:11:34 PM
krystyla posted...
Laylow12 posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...

Jutzen already was in this thread...

Juzten76 posted...
Is that a horse TC is beating? I can't tell anymore.

Even if he might be both he simply misquoted

Misquoted? I meant to quote myself. Earlier this evening I made a similar dead horse-flog joke and I was drawing reference to it. Christ almighty, folks on here are paranoid as hell, aren't they? Just have fun playing games and you shouldn't need to make passive-aggressive digs at people playing slightly different games than you.

I imagine people hanging about playgrounds trolling kids who play rounders instead of Red Rover. LOL U SUK ROUNDERS KIDS, etc.
---