The cloud is going to make the CPU 3-4 times more powerful!

#41DelkuraPosted 2/2/2014 6:53:09 PM
Laylow12 posted...
Delkura posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Delkura posted...
I think this will need time for this to show. In the future, there will likely be cloud based games that do things that the PS4 couldn't do because of it. Just take a look at how games looked and played at the beginning of the Xbox 360 vs. the end, HUGE difference.

Sony has "the cloud" too, they just don't lie about its capabilities like Microsoft does, so any benefit will be the same on both platforms.

The PS4 has access to the cloud, but it's much more limited than the Xbox One.

Really? Microsoft has a special cloud now? Where is it and how come we haven't seen or heard anything about it since before launch? Where is the awesome demo of this special cloud at?

Do all PS4 games have universal dedicated servers? No.

That's just one example of many more to come.
#42nickr2d2Posted 2/2/2014 7:05:05 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
people with 3 mb down connections dedicating their entire line to the cloud would barely see a 1 fps upgrade in computing power.

*enters sitcom door*

you rang?

*applause*
---
"You're using the wrong words to express your still incorrect thoughts" -Foxx3k
#43Troika19Posted 2/2/2014 7:21:44 PM
The Cloud in action - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlulSyBI2aY
---
The cloud is angry and demands a sacrifice.
Glitching infinite money = Ruined game. Buying infinite money = The sound of silence from the R* Defense Force.
#44Hucast9Posted 2/2/2014 8:00:31 PM
Did Microsoft say that it will make the cpu 3-4 times more powerful through the cloud? If Microsoft never said that, then this whole topic is a trolling attemp.
#45teeebzPosted 2/2/2014 8:21:42 PM
SigmaLongshot posted...
Laylow, seriously, the dead horse is like pulp now. Leave it be. It's like... almost horse liquid.

He's one of the handful that love trolling the board with the same topics over and over. Negative Nancy.

Of course his excuse is "it's my opinion!" Or "why is it that if someone has a problem with the console they're labeled a troll?"

I've been here far too long. I know who's who, and it's very played out by now.
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83
#46EGMRULZPosted 2/2/2014 9:03:29 PM
The power of the CLOUD will save you all!!! Embrace the second coming!
---
PC & Consoles > Everything
#47TheGam3925Posted 2/2/2014 9:16:15 PM
Webmaster4531 posted...
TheBorderCollie posted...
Do you believe this is yet another pathetic trolling attempt by the TC?

[ ] - Yes, he must be really, really bored with his console of choice already.
[ ] - No, he just still doesn't understand how ridiculous he looks...
[ ] - I, like most people in the general public, don't really care about any of this anyway.

[X ] - TheBorderCollie is a hypocrite.

A hypocrite of the highest order who was suspended for creating troll topics on a daily basis on the PS3 board and is now crying about trolling on his beloved Xbox board.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#48N3xtG3nGam3rPosted 2/2/2014 9:45:27 PM
Why does everyone base cloud connectivity, and usefulness/success in a measure, or gain of ''FPS''...? Lol.

Using the cloud to compute isn't about ''gaining FPS''...its about using a server to do things that common console games (like Halo for instance) cant, or couldn't do without it.

Its reality folks, the main problem here though, is that when the first online only game comes out, if cloud isn't up to expectations as far as what they are able to produce with it, then people will say its all a sham to get DRM into place.

So the first game to use the cloud, and use it good (excluding titanfall, its in the launch window) better had use it very, very well. Otherwise the backlash and confusion of whether or not its a cheap trick to implement DRM will easily sway, and defer other developers from doing it, which can be a bad thing, especially if it has potential....which btw, it does ;-).

The people in here exclaiming bandwidth and latency have absolutely no idea what they are even talking about. Its ridiculous really, im not going to call anyone out personally though. But NVidia has a cloud rendering platform, and it renders graphics, in real time...and even shows how it performs at a 500ms delay...and its not as bad as you would think. (500ms is a terrible, terrible connection btw).
---
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 2100 | 8GB Dual-Channel DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 770 4GB GDDr5
#49PulpPosted 2/2/2014 9:49:59 PM
The power of the cloud will destroy the PS4. Fact.
---
Contest Abuse - You have lost the right to dispute or appeal further moderations.
#50kiljaedenPosted 2/2/2014 10:28:56 PM
I love the PS4 and hate the Xbox, but I post here because there is nothing to play on my PS4 and I was tired of Killzone when it was released.
---
Warning: This opinion may not be suitable for younger users.
Go 'Fins!