Games that deserve to be rebooted....

#1Ace_of_DuskPosted 2/2/2014 10:29:08 AM
As the title suggests, what games do you believe deserve a second chance on this generation of consoles. Some of my picks include Mercenaries, Star Wars: Republic Commando, and Manhunt. I'm getting pretty bored with the same games being released all the time and so I figure, "Why not get the idea out there to spark peoples' interests." So on that note, what games would some of you like to see?
---
"MAN I LOVE THE CORPS!"- Sgt. Apone
Xbox Live GT: Ace of Dusk
#2SycoticPosted 2/2/2014 10:35:11 AM(edited)
I want a reboot of the NES game Déjà Vu, the one where you are a retired boxer that turns into a private eye. The game starts out with you waking up in a bathroom stall and have to figure things out. I would like to see it get properly done. But my luck they would throw in some zombies or some madness
#3Laylow12Posted 2/2/2014 10:36:18 AM
Sycotic posted...
I want a reboot of the NES game Déjà Vu, the one where you are a retired boxer that turns into a private eye. The game starts out with you waking up in a bathroom stall and have to figure thifns out. I would like to see it get properly done. But my luck they would throw in some zombies or some madness

Holy mackeral! I forgot about that game until now. Thanks for the awesome memory!

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#4PraetorXynPosted 2/2/2014 11:18:11 AM
There are lots of games that deserve a reboot.

Vampire: The Masquerade
System Shock
Star Wars: Jedi Knight series
Baldur's Gate/Neverwinter Nights/Icewind Dale/various other D&D RPG's
Quake
Unreal Tournament

The problem is that when they get rebooted, the reboot is going to be dumbed down for the modern audience and mass market. The new Thief is a perfect example, as was Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Unreal Tournament III before it.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#5Foxx3kPosted 2/2/2014 11:26:01 AM
PraetorXyn posted...
There are lots of games that deserve a reboot.

Vampire: The Masquerade
System Shock
Star Wars: Jedi Knight series
Baldur's Gate/Neverwinter Nights/Icewind Dale/various other D&D RPG's
Quake
Unreal Tournament

The problem is that when they get rebooted, the reboot is going to be dumbed down for the modern audience and mass market. The new Thief is a perfect example, as was Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Unreal Tournament III before it.

Human Revolution was highly regarded.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#6KID VIDPosted 2/2/2014 11:28:00 AM
Seriously, I post the same answer in all these threads. I want Battletoads. Give me Battletoads, damn it!
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#7656stoogePosted 2/2/2014 11:33:27 AM
KID VID posted...
Seriously, I post the same answer in all these threads. I want Battletoads. Give me Battletoads, damn it!

Same. Except my answer is always Rocket Knight!!! Give it now!

(That crappy recent one doesnt count)
---
Typing on a phone, so ignore all spelling mistakes. Damn autocorrect.
#8enigma2274Posted 2/2/2014 11:37:09 AM
Resident Evil
Resident Evil
And Resident Evil
---
Playing: AC4, Forza 5, Madden 25, Battlefield 4, Tomb Raider DE
PS4 ID: enigma2288 Xbox One Gamertag: enigma2274
#9Ty5454Posted 2/2/2014 11:50:56 AM
Gta 3 for sure
---
Posted using GameFlux
#10Double O NegroPosted 2/2/2014 11:56:20 AM
Def Jam Vendetta and Fight for NY
---
"Dont blame me, blame yourself or your God!!" -Delita(Final Fantasy Tactics)