Any chance mgs4 will ever make its way to xbox?

#21StrongBlackVinePosted 2/2/2014 3:03:46 PM
BoomerHelll posted...
TomoEK9 posted...
Webmaster4531 posted...
StrongBlackVine posted...
No, just like there is no chance the older Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts games will appear on Xbox. Well I guess there is chance if Sony approves, but I don't see that happening.

As far as I know Sony had no exclusivity agreement for MGS4. The only reason it didn't get put on there was Kojima didn't want to compress the visuals for DVD or multiple DVDs.

I doubt Kojima would have that much say now that the company is having problems.

Kojima is Konami's golden goose and retains more or less full control over the MGS series. If he says he doesn't want it on the Xbox, its not coming to the Xbox.

except mgs hd collection and mgs5 are and is on xbox.

This makes me think Sony has the exclusive rights MGS4 because other it would have been in that collection.
#22TomoEK9Posted 2/2/2014 3:16:54 PM
BoomerHelll posted...
TomoEK9 posted...
Webmaster4531 posted...
No, just like there is no chance the older Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts games will appear on Xbox. Well I guess there is chance if Sony approves, but I don't see that happening.

As far as I know Sony had no exclusivity agreement for MGS4. The only reason it didn't get put on there was Kojima didn't want to compress the visuals for DVD or multiple DVDs.

I doubt Kojima would have that much say now that the company is having problems.

Kojima is Konami's golden goose and retains more or less full control over the MGS series. If he says he doesn't want it on the Xbox, its not coming to the Xbox.

I never said he is opposed to multiplat releases. Just that when it comes to MGS4, his preference is that it never comes 360 because he doesn't want to have to dumb everything down.

It may see a re-release on the Xbone if he thinks its worth it, but as it stands, MGS4 is the only non-multiplat MGS game and its staying that way into the foreseeable future.
#23DiaperDandeePosted 2/2/2014 3:30:18 PM
Foxx3k posted...
velvet_hammer posted...
Webmaster4531 posted...
Well MGS2 came out on Xbox. They didn't bother with 3 because it sold so badly. I could see it happening.

Edit: Derp, they also came out with the collection for 360 if I'm not mistaken.

Lol what? Hahaha good joke
Btw top to bottom mgs3 is the best in series

In your opinion.
In my opinion 1 > 2 > 3 > 4. The series is in free-fall.

Pretty much every series except for a very few that has had three-four games at least in the series is in worse "free-fall". MGS actually still gets top notch reviews for the main games.

Let's see:
Halo
Gears
Devil May Cry
Final Fantasy
Resident Evil
Fable
Gran Tourismo
Forza
Call of Duty
---
Playing: Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (PS4), Battlefield 4 (PS4), GTA5 (PS3), Uncharted Drakes Fortune.
#24BoomerHelll(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2014 5:40:40 PM
TomoEK9 posted...
BoomerHelll posted...
TomoEK9 posted...
Webmaster4531 posted...

I never said he is opposed to multiplat releases. Just that when it comes to MGS4, his preference is that it never comes 360 because he doesn't want to have to dumb everything down.

It may see a re-release on the Xbone if he thinks its worth it, but as it stands, MGS4 is the only non-multiplat MGS game and its staying that way into the foreseeable future.

the thing is he was open to it
http://kotaku.com/why-the-xbox-360-wont-get-the-metal-gear-solid-legacy-486997368
"When it's the next [Xbox] console, maybe we can release it [again, presumably, The Legacy Collection]," added Kojima. "If we released a version on the Xbox 360 without MGS4, then it's not The Legacy Collection."
mgs4 on xbone confirmed
#25aj4x94Posted 2/2/2014 5:46:18 PM
If you were an MGS fan, you would have played it by now. That being said, MGS4 GOTP was easily the weakest installment in the series.
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Dark Souls, Lords of Shadow, ICO/Shadow of the Colossus, Borderlands.
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#26BoomerHelll(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2014 5:50:42 PM
aj4x94 posted...
If you were an MGS fan, you would have played it by now. That being said, MGS4 GOTP was easily the weakest installment in the series.

i am a mgs fan, just not an overpriced console (at the time) fan