Would a non downloading digital Xbox be good?

#11SILENTGHOSTS96Posted 2/6/2014 5:17:06 PM
Darthvade posted...
Downloading that much data is going to take time. Sony may hide the DL times somehow but they are still there. Also they are doing it for PS 1 - 3 games NOT PS4 games. Other than some games (MGS4) most PS3 games and 360 games are in the 8 GB range in size. A PS 1 game is a few hundred MB max. A X1 game is huge compared to that.

uncharted 3 is 40 gigs...........................
---
GT is SiL3NT E3G1e
#12Spetsnaz420Posted 2/7/2014 4:33:35 AM
I honestly don't see how Sony can do this without significant input lag... And to people like me who notice input lag on a wireless gaming mouse that's supposedly not supposed to be noticeable.. I'm wary to say the least.
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#13MrSpaM111Posted 2/7/2014 4:53:32 AM(edited)
TargettPractice posted...
Darthvade posted...
Downloading that much data is going to take time. Sony may hide the DL times somehow but they are still there. Also they are doing it for PS 1 - 3 games NOT PS4 games. Other than some games (MGS4) most PS3 games and 360 games are in the 8 GB range in size. A PS 1 game is a few hundred MB max. A X1 game is huge compared to that.

The games will be run from the server, you'll never actually download the game. What you do download is the picture that you'd see if you were running the game locally. You press a button on your controller, the button press is sent over the internet to the server running the game, the command is executed, then the picture changes and gets sent back.

Like I said you need a HUGE amount of bandwidth in order to play at a reasonable resolution and you'd need amazingly low latency in order to not experience button lag. The world's infrastructure isn't ready, unless you're talking about a very low quality experience.

You need 5mb of download bandwidth, I wouldn't exactly call that huge. It's the same amount Netflix requires for streaming HD movies. You trying to tell me the world isn't ready for streaming netflix in HD? Is it just me or have they been offering HD movies for a couple of years now?

This whole idea that 'the internet isn't ready for PS Now' is a bit of a myth, If you can stream netflix, you can use PS Now, and I can't think of a single one of my friends that doesn't have an internet connection capable of streaming netflix.

If the world isn't ready for it, how has OnLive, a service that is practically identical to Gaikai, managed to stay in business for the past ten years? You'd think if their service was unplayably laggy they'd have gone out of business by now would they not? Can't see how a business would have lasted ten years if everything on the OnLive system was unplayable.

Some people on here seriously need to start learning the difference between downloading a game, and streaming it to your console as well. Seriously do some research before posting stupidity.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#14bob15xPosted 2/7/2014 6:48:21 AM
microsoft had it right by still selling disks as delivery tools for those that can't download large files.

PSnow will most likely fail when people realize its not as good as they think it will be. My bet is many people think it will run ps3 games so well that you could not tell if it was streaming or running from a disk. Those people are going to be very disappointed.