i hope xboxone owners complain to MS about 1080p/60 fps

#31Broly4561Posted 2/3/2014 12:29:18 PM
sabrestorm posted...
Broly4561 posted...
DynasticAnthony posted...
The graphics don't matter. It can run at 30fps and 360p, just as long as it's fun, it's all that matters.

which is not what the majority of the 360 users were saying when their games looked better than the ported version of the ps3's.

but gamefaqers dont say that.

Not true, it's cute that the xbone users are the victims this time around...

for the record...

I'm a sony fan, enjoying my xbone more than my ps4...

#FightingGames
#32regsantotomasPosted 2/3/2014 12:49:21 PM
Yes, that is what the gaming community has a shortage of - complaints.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#33mokmuudPosted 2/3/2014 12:50:19 PM
pplschamp316 posted...
Y'all do understand that the XBox One can run 1080p & 60 fps, right? Forza 5? The problem is the developers haven't gotten used to the new specs. The PS4 specs didn't deviate too much from the PS3's specs, while the XBox One's specs changed dramatically, thus making it harder to develop. PS3 went through the same thing last generation. Give it time and this argument will be moot. How many consoles generations do we have to go through for people to understand that launch window games will never live up to the full potential of the console?

Actually the PS4's architecture is way different than the PS3's. Its easier to develop for.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#34Ramsus082Posted 2/3/2014 12:53:39 PM
method115 posted...
I do think it's silly how people downplay not having 1080p/60FPS. I personally would be pissed. People keep saying "It doesnt matter as long as the game is fun" uh no it does matter to me. Games have always been fun I've never played a console that didn't have some fun games on it. Games being fun is obvious. I want better and better graphics the better the graphics the more immersive and real it all feels.

This. Better visuals lead to better immersion the games, a huge reason I play them at all. Nobody is saying that you can't be immersed in a game at 720p or that you can't be content with it and the XboxOne performance level. But when some says that it doesn't matter, or that improved visuals in a visual medium are the desires of only the entitled, your case starts to fall apart because nobody is ever going to believe that.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#35-FryShakeWad-Posted 2/3/2014 12:58:23 PM
-FryShakeWad- posted...
Trolls still be trollin'.
#36riddlebox13Posted 2/3/2014 12:58:57 PM
SigmaLongshot posted...
Ironic that you're complaining that we are not complaining about a fabricated issue you personally believe is complaint-worthy, no?

It is actually pretty complaint worthy. We paid $100 more and should be treated to at the very least the same as the cheaper competition. We aren't though and people who say it isn't a problem are in denial and need to realize it is a problem otherwise we won't see the console's true potential because we will be holding their hands this entire generation while one console soars off and one stays floating gently.
#37Exodus_PrimePosted 2/3/2014 1:01:10 PM
I wonder why "Cult Members" like the Tc always seem to leave out these two games in their "resolution" debates (debate? yeah right)....example number one a game by name of DriveClub which I was going to purchase on day one for PS4 was delayed due to they couldn't get it running past 30fps.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/driveclub-30fps-jaggies-like-whoa-and-low-resfunny-29445336/

Another example is inFamous: Second Son, it is 1080p runs at 30fps, but it is failed to be brought up in any resolution bashing topics. These two title are exclusive, they're not worthy of their purchase due to 30fps?

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/11/15/infamous-second-son-can-run-at-full-1080p-30fps-rock-solid-says-sucker-punch/

Are these two games given breaks by their "cult members" because they're exclusive? or what could be the reason? who knows all I know is I'm still buying inFamous even at 30fps.
---
"Maybe all these clowns should chill out and stop trolling me." - MetroidFan9999
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#38Ramsus082Posted 2/3/2014 1:03:19 PM
A great game has great gameplay. That same game could be made better with a higher resolution and a better frame rate, right? It's not the most important aspect of game design, no, but it's stil important and it matters to a lot of people. Obviously gamers can't expect improvements in leaps and bounds, there's a limit to expectation, certainly.

But this shouldn't have been the limit to our expectations. Asking our games to output to our 8 year old TVs native resolution more consistently shouldn't have been the line where you're considered to be asking too much.

I think back in May, we ALL thought we'd be getting better, as far as game performance is concerned. Naturally people are going to be disappointed. But understand where that comes from.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#39slowdog76Posted 2/3/2014 1:03:54 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
method115 posted...
I do think it's silly how people downplay not having 1080p/60FPS. I personally would be pissed. People keep saying "It doesnt matter as long as the game is fun" uh no it does matter to me. Games have always been fun I've never played a console that didn't have some fun games on it. Games being fun is obvious. I want better and better graphics the better the graphics the more immersive and real it all feels.

This. Better visuals lead to better immersion the games, a huge reason I play them at all. Nobody is saying that you can't be immersed in a game at 720p or that you can't be content with it and the XboxOne performance level. But when some says that it doesn't matter, or that improved visuals in a visual medium are the desires of only the entitled, your case starts to fall apart because nobody is ever going to believe that.

complete rubbish. video games are not a visual medium; they are a form of entertainment that utilise visuals to this end, though not exclusively.
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#40TrickyPonyPosted 2/3/2014 1:04:32 PM
Also guys, in honor of TC's utter ignorance, remember to take all your complaints about the potholes on your local roads to Ford, Chevy, Nissan, or whoever manufactured your car. We deserve equal pay for equal work.

Black Power!