i hope xboxone owners complain to MS about 1080p/60 fps

#41SonyPonyTonyPosted 2/3/2014 1:07:57 PM
I won't buy a $ony console this time around because I feel we deserved better than what psn offers and we certainly shouldn't pay a subscription fee for a service that was supposed to be free and is inferior. I did this for your right TC and the entire Sony community.
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
#42Exodus_PrimePosted 2/3/2014 1:09:21 PM
SonyPonyTony posted...
I won't buy a $ony console this time around because I feel we deserved better than what psn offers and we certainly shouldn't pay a subscription fee for a service that was supposed to be free and is inferior. I did this for your right TC and the entire Sony community.

Yes! stand up for your rights my dude.
---
"Maybe all these clowns should chill out and stop trolling me." - MetroidFan9999
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#43SonyPonyTonyPosted 2/3/2014 1:20:53 PM
Thanks, I just feel very strongly about it. I can't condone blatant $ony lies and the greed for charging for what was once free and what they said would always be free. I just feel bad for PS4 owners and understand their anger, it's bad enough they don't have any games right now but I can't help but hold out hope that will will get a few in the coming years and when they do they shouldn't be saddled with a third rate online service like PSN and have to pay for it on top.

When $ony gave me the middle finger and told me to like it I took my bizness to MS
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
#44Ramsus082Posted 2/3/2014 2:28:57 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
I wonder why "Cult Members" like the Tc always seem to leave out these two games in their "resolution" debates (debate? yeah right)....example number one a game by name of DriveClub which I was going to purchase on day one for PS4 was delayed due to they couldn't get it running past 30fps.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/driveclub-30fps-jaggies-like-whoa-and-low-resfunny-29445336/

Another example is inFamous: Second Son, it is 1080p runs at 30fps, but it is failed to be brought up in any resolution bashing topics. These two title are exclusive, they're not worthy of their purchase due to 30fps?

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/11/15/infamous-second-son-can-run-at-full-1080p-30fps-rock-solid-says-sucker-punch/

Are these two games given breaks by their "cult members" because they're exclusive? or what could be the reason? who knows all I know is I'm still buying inFamous even at 30fps.

They're given "breaks" because the PS4 is the gold standard for console gaming performance. There's plenty of people who are let down that some PS4 games wont be 60fps, but it's all relative. When the console alternative represents a step down in visuals and performance, it keeps you in perspective.

It would be like yelling at a the leader in a track race that he didnt set a course record. He still finished in first place. Why not get frustrated at stragglers about picking up their pace instead?
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#45Ramsus082Posted 2/3/2014 2:33:48 PM
slowdog76 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
method115 posted...
I do think it's silly how people downplay not having 1080p/60FPS. I personally would be pissed. People keep saying "It doesnt matter as long as the game is fun" uh no it does matter to me. Games have always been fun I've never played a console that didn't have some fun games on it. Games being fun is obvious. I want better and better graphics the better the graphics the more immersive and real it all feels.

This. Better visuals lead to better immersion the games, a huge reason I play them at all. Nobody is saying that you can't be immersed in a game at 720p or that you can't be content with it and the XboxOne performance level. But when some says that it doesn't matter, or that improved visuals in a visual medium are the desires of only the entitled, your case starts to fall apart because nobody is ever going to believe that.

complete rubbish. video games are not a visual medium; they are a form of entertainment that utilise visuals to this end, though not exclusively.

Yeah, I guess you coukd technically play video games without looking at them and immersing yourself in its visuals, sure.
---
#46StrongBlackVinePosted 2/3/2014 2:36:45 PM
SonyPonyTony posted...
Thanks, I just feel very strongly about it. I can't condone blatant $ony lies and the greed for charging for what was once free and what they said would always be free. I just feel bad for PS4 owners and understand their anger, it's bad enough they don't have any games right now but I can't help but hold out hope that will will get a few in the coming years and when they do they shouldn't be saddled with a third rate online service like PSN and have to pay for it on top.

When $ony gave me the middle finger and told me to like it I took my bizness to MS

Enjoy playing the worst versions of every multiplat.
#47Ramsus082Posted 2/3/2014 2:41:33 PM
SonyPonyTony posted...

PSN+ is better than Live now, in my opinion. Better, more responsive UI, party chat that isn't completely broken, far superior free games, more of them, better sharing functionality, automatic cloud updates and save uploads, etc.

I'm sure it's an unpopular opinion, but Xbox Live has been coasting on its reputation for a while now, while PS+ isn't just a satisfactory alternative, but a service with some features that Microsoft needs to start taking a serious look at and emulate.
---
#48regsantotomasPosted 2/3/2014 2:46:07 PM
Ramsus082 posted...

They're given "breaks" because the PS4 is the gold standard for console gaming performance. There's plenty of people who are let down that some PS4 games wont be 60fps, but it's all relative. When the console alternative represents a step down in visuals and performance, it keeps you in perspective.

It would be like yelling at a the leader in a track race that he didnt set a course record. He still finished in first place. Why not get frustrated at stragglers about picking up their pace instead?

That only applies if you are actually viewing it as a race. I don't. Much like I didn't view the equally minute deltas in previous generations as such.

The PS4 performs better in certain games. Great. I still prefer playing on Xbox One as do many others on this forum for a variety of reasons.

It has been acknowledged but the wet blankets seem insistent on not moving on.

The game experience I have noticed on the multitude of games I currently own has been great. That is all that really matters.

I will mention something when it impacts said enjoyment regardless of whether or not it performs better on any other platform.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#49YokemPosted 2/3/2014 2:58:10 PM
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...
It doesn't matter what the game looks like as long as it's fun.

why did u get an xbone then? surely a SNES would do you well
---
COD K/D: COD 4 - 2.09 MW2 - 2.01 BLOPS - 3.11 MW3 - 3.50 BLOPS 2 - 2.52 Ghosts 4.28
#50Ramsus082Posted 2/3/2014 4:51:06 PM(edited)
regsantotomas posted...

That only applies if you are actually viewing it as a race. I don't. Much like I didn't view the equally minute deltas in previous generations as such.

Right. I was responding to his questuon about why Infamous/PS4 doesn't get the same level of criticism about it's performance. It could be better, but you're not going to find better on consoles so you either make your piece with that or you build a PC. I think most gamers do the former.

The PS4 performs better in certain games. Great. I still prefer playing on Xbox One as do many others on this forum for a variety of reasons.

Pefect. You're entitled to, and I'm not taking that away from you. Plenty are more than satisfied with their XboxOne. Nobody is saying you shouldn't be.

It has been acknowledged but the wet blankets seem insistent on not moving on.

Yup, some posters want to convince people enhanced visuals should matter to everyone, and some posters want to argue that it shouldn't matter to anyone. Doesn't look like the two-way street of insecurity is going to shut down anytime soon.

I will mention something when it impacts said enjoyment regardless of whether or not it performs better on any other platform.

Cool, I'm going to continue to engage people in discussion about aspects of video game design like visuals and performance.
---