The Details on Xbox One Games With Gold: Phil Spencer reaffirms next-gen support

#11FruitJuice617Posted 2/3/2014 11:39:54 AM
benjimain posted...
When in doubt, rip off the winning rival.

It was really an evolution of the service. Sony has been doing free games for years... I don't think MS doing an arguably better (retaining games after membership expiration) promotion counts as ripping off Sony.
---
The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse always gets the cheese. Think about it.
#12FruitJuice617Posted 2/3/2014 11:41:55 AM
Jiggy101011 posted...
benjimain posted...
BoomerHelll posted...
you mean how sony ripped off achievements

You mean how MS ripped them off a PS2 Naughty Dog game?

Party chat
Paying for online mp
Achievements/trophies

Also who could forget the move? The blatant ripoff of the Wii Remote except it looked like a sex toy.

Do your research, homie. Sony had Move-like tech before the Wii was even a thing.
---
The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse always gets the cheese. Think about it.
#13snowboard340Posted 2/3/2014 11:43:00 AM
FruitJuice617 posted...
Jiggy101011 posted...
benjimain posted...
BoomerHelll posted...
you mean how sony ripped off achievements

You mean how MS ripped them off a PS2 Naughty Dog game?

Party chat
Paying for online mp
Achievements/trophies

Also who could forget the move? The blatant ripoff of the Wii Remote except it looked like a sex toy.

Do your research, homie. Sony had Move-like tech before the Wii was even a thing.

Yes, just like Kinect was copied from Sony because Sony had the amazing original Playstation Camera.
#14cheezedadadaPosted 2/3/2014 11:43:48 AM
Got my Xbox One today at lunch with 4 games. Would love to add some freebies to the new growing game library as well.
---
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
FINALLY got my Xbox One! PS4 soon. Add me.
#15benjimainPosted 2/3/2014 11:45:30 AM
Jiggy101011 posted...

Party chat
Paying for online mp
Achievements/trophies

Trophies have already been covered.

Party chat and paying for online existed before MS did it.

And Sony did the Move before Wii even existed.

Don't be mad bruh.

How about MS and everyone else ripping off Sony's dual analogue configuration?
---
PS4 ~ Best sales, power, multiplats, and to the gaming populace in IGN's polls, games, controller and online. Dominating EVERY category!
#16regsantotomasPosted 2/3/2014 11:47:07 AM
Of course, the who's on first debate always comes up.

What really matters is who executes on an idea and whether or not it resonates with consumers.

So many ideas are either iterative or borrowed.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#17benjimainPosted 2/3/2014 11:47:22 AM
snowboard340 posted...
Yes, just like Kinect was copied from Sony because Sony had the amazing original Playstation Camera.

When in doubt, use sarcasm to discredit the truth, and hopefully people won't speak the truth you're trying to discredit.

MS did rip off the Eye Toy with their Kinect nonsense.
---
PS4 ~ Best sales, power, multiplats, and to the gaming populace in IGN's polls, games, controller and online. Dominating EVERY category!
#18benjimainPosted 2/3/2014 11:48:29 AM
regsantotomas posted...
Of course, the who's on first debate always comes up.

What really matters is who executes on an idea and whether or not it resonates with consumers.

So many ideas are either iterative or borrowed.

Hi Regs!

*waves*
---
#19regsantotomasPosted 2/3/2014 12:03:10 PM
With regards to the topic, it is likely we will see the cheaper games be free first. Either that or less popular games like Zoo Tycoon.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#20TBONE_OG(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2014 12:04:25 PM(edited)
Honestly, free games are nice and all, and I appreciate the gesture...

But I don't care really. I buy the games I want to play. I'm not some broke ass that has to wait for free games.
---
Always O.G.