The Details on Xbox One Games With Gold: Phil Spencer reaffirms next-gen support

#41Bryant187Posted 2/3/2014 1:11:19 PM
SaintSeiyaX posted...
The fact is that Sony came out with trophies AFTER M$ received a great reception for its achievements. Sony came out with the move AFTER Nintendo had a great reception for its Wii mote.

Sony has always ripped off its competitors. The N64 had dual analogs before Sony released the dual shock.

Sony ponies must have been born after 2000.

Eh as far as I recall N64 had one analog stick, BUT didn't Nintendo help design the PS controller?
---
GT - Rizriel
#42Spetsnaz420Posted 2/3/2014 1:15:06 PM
SaintSeiyaX posted...
The fact is that Sony came out with trophies AFTER M$ received a great reception for its achievements. Sony came out with the move AFTER Nintendo had a great reception for its Wii mote.

Sony has always ripped off its competitors. The N64 had dual analogs before Sony released the dual shock.

How much wrong can be posted in one thread? The only correct point was about trophies.

Eyetoy existed long before Wii and the N64 never had dual analog while the PSX had dualshock in 97
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#43B1GB0SS_86Posted 2/3/2014 1:16:40 PM
SaintSeiyaX posted...

This is so true. They pretty much rip off the competition and make people think its better and all the kids jump on the bandwagon. I love sony and all but they do rip off the competition. If u buy any ps3 game that was released at launch they have no trophies dmc3 is a good example.
#44regsantotomasPosted 2/3/2014 1:19:06 PM
B1GB0SS_86 posted...
SaintSeiyaX posted...

This is so true. They pretty much rip off the competition and make people think its better and all the kids jump on the bandwagon. I love sony and all but they do rip off the competition. If u buy any ps3 game that was released at launch they have no trophies dmc3 is a good example.

But again, I think that's OK as long as what they are doing is legal. Companies borrow or iterate from each other's ideas all the time. It matters less who does it first as opposed to who does it best for you.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#45krystylaPosted 2/3/2014 1:27:12 PM
benjimain posted...
FruitJuice617 posted...
I'm not sure what you're getting at. I never disputed anything you were just talking about.

Don't mind Kcrypher. He's just utterly despondent after trolling the PS3 board all last gen, at how Sony was dead last, had problems with multiplats, etc, and now the tables have fully turned, as my sig illustrates.

Reading your sig raises the question again what you are doing on this board?
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#46FourManSevenPosted 2/3/2014 1:29:28 PM
TBONE_OG posted...
BoomerHelll posted...
benjimain posted...
When in doubt, rip off the winning rival.

you mean how sony ripped off achievements

Exactly.

Also having a paid membership with perks. How nice of Sony to start charging for online play now, right?

How nice is it to have paid subscription based applications locked behind the paywall called "Xbox Live Gold"?
#47TBONE_OG(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2014 2:03:09 PM
FourManSeven posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
BoomerHelll posted...
benjimain posted...

you mean how sony ripped off achievements

Exactly.

Also having a paid membership with perks. How nice of Sony to start charging for online play now, right?

How nice is it to have paid subscription based applications locked behind the paywall called "Xbox Live Gold"?

Ah someone upset because you have to pay to play online with Sony now?

I'm not. I've been paying for XBL since 2004 -- when the only feature was -- play online for 50 bucks. Everything else has been an addition to paying Gold members.
---
Always O.G.
#48ohollywoodoPosted 2/3/2014 2:14:04 PM
blitz_0623 posted...
there is 1 troll on this thread and he got more than 5 people riled up. Keep feeding him people, great job

Your post brought this back to the top. Thank YOU.

As far as what games they will give away, they can't give too many as the library is too small! They'll run out of eligible titles in no time! I am interested to see what they do though.
---
ooH0LLYW00Doo <-- feel free to add me
#49dj___rollPosted 2/3/2014 2:23:02 PM
Quote:
Details on an Xbox One version of the Games With Gold program may be coming soon, according to Microsoft's Phil Spencer.

The Microsoft Game Studios corporate vice president was asked on Twitter when players could expect Games With Gold to make its way to the Xbox One, to which he responded: "Answer to this will be coming fairly soon."

Originally conceived as a limited-time promotion, before becoming a permanent service, Games with Gold offers Xbox Live Gold subscribers two free games each month. Titles downloaded via the promotion remain in that user's library permanently, and will not be deactivated if players unsubscribe from the Gold service.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/447868/details-on-xbox-one-games-with-gold-coming-soon/

80/80

Any guesses (or un-witty troll suggestions) on the first free game? I'd say either PowerStar Golf or Loco Cycle.

@TBONE_OG

How does any of what you quoted reaffirm next gen support? Not saying it won't happen, but your topic title is just wrong.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.12
#50stawg007Posted 2/3/2014 2:28:06 PM
benjimain posted...

The fact that you try to turn something positive for gamers simply because it's MS into a negative(an extremely stupid one at that) shows what a pathetic little boy you are Benji

This sort of thing doesn't just benefit one users but it ensures Sony and other competition to make sure they're just as, if not more appealing than their rivals and causes them to possibly up their game

But that means nothing to you since at the end of the day your nothing more than a fanboy
---
lPayneToTheMaxl