Is it Worth It to Buy an Xbox One Just for the TV Entertainment Features?

#1SampsonMPosted 2/3/2014 1:28:04 PM
Serious question. I'm guy with a lot of disposable income, and the voice commands intrigue me. But I've heard mixed things about how well they'd work.

That's not to say I don't game -- I'm a big gamer, but I'm honestly less interested in the Xbox One for games because I'm not really into FPS.
---
"They tell me dont get high, and I should try to make a living, I tell em' imma hustler and I'd rather make killin' "~Weezy F. Babby
#2I_VTEC_Power_IPosted 2/3/2014 1:29:31 PM
No.

Spend your disposable income on something else unless you plan on using it for games.
---
Xbox Live : I VTEC Power I PSN : I_VTEC_Power_I
Bring back Honda F1
#3krystylaPosted 2/3/2014 1:30:55 PM
Lol wut?
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#4NeoMonkPosted 2/3/2014 1:31:14 PM
krystyla posted...
Lol wut?

---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#5RemakeMePosted 2/3/2014 1:31:35 PM
There's probably smart/box's or TV's with these features already built in. And it's also lacking in key features like media playback and streaming.
---
"There's No absolutes in life. Only in Vodka"
#6TrickyPonyPosted 2/3/2014 1:33:16 PM
lots of disposable income? Big gamer? Yeah you should buy it that's a no brainer
#7I_VTEC_Power_IPosted 2/3/2014 1:34:06 PM
krystyla posted...
Lol wut?

This was my exact reaction originally.

To be honest TC, it's a silly question.
---
Xbox Live : I VTEC Power I PSN : I_VTEC_Power_I
Bring back Honda F1
#8SampsonM(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2014 1:39:24 PM
I_VTEC_Power_I posted...
krystyla posted...
Lol wut?

This was my exact reaction originally.

To be honest TC, it's a silly question.

Is it really? I have cable, netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO Go...and having to jump from the Apple TV to the cable box to the PS3 to access these different services is a big pain. One box that puts them all together with solid voice controls appeals to me.
---
"They tell me dont get high, and I should try to make a living, I tell em' imma hustler and I'd rather make killin' "~Weezy F. Babby
#9NeoMonkPosted 2/3/2014 1:40:10 PM
Tablets/Computers/Lappys

They all do these things too yeh know...
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#10CapwnDPosted 2/3/2014 1:40:24 PM
The TV stuff is ok. I don't even have my TV hooked up through the xbox, but I use it anyways, for the Xbox OneGuide. I'll say "xbox Oneguide, find what I want to watch, push it, and it changes the channel on my TV.

On my Xbox monitor (different TV, same room) it says "sorry we cannot find HDMI connection" but that doesn't matter, it changes the station anyways.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh