As a ps4 owner i can see what microsoft was trying to do

#1Abyss89Posted 2/3/2014 8:45:06 PM
I just think they tried a generation too early. If they brought this out in like 8 years time people would have jumped at it.
I commend them for trying a different direction. maybe if they just introduced half of the new stuff to ease people into it a bit more it would have done a little better also handled the PR a little better at the start too.
Do you guys feel this way? I image Americans aren't AS affected with ok internet and the cable functions working properly compared to say Europe.
#2Lawboy2Posted 2/3/2014 8:49:32 PM
I agree ppl are afraid of change and new things...it's hard to just rush things have to move slowly or ppl will overreact...with that said I think both systems do some very new and interesting things
#3PorungaPosted 2/3/2014 8:51:07 PM
I think they tried to do too much all at once, they introduced things that had never been part of consoles before, that had been on pc for years. People didn't like it. The restrictions and DRM were something that people refused to accept on physical media. They should have slowly implemented these plans and functions over time, so people could get used to the idea. They also did a extremely poor job explaining the whole thing. It was just too many changes all at once.
#4NejivsSasukePosted 2/3/2014 8:54:09 PM
I to feel it was early but at the same time had they kept it, the initial install base would be small but once developers dropped price on new games digitally or even hard copy because of the DRM's then people would have been enticed to purchase an X1.

Either way this is the last generation that GameStop will have market share dominance. And hopefully game prices will go down instead of up.
---
Gamertag: focused dude
#5GevousPosted 2/3/2014 8:54:42 PM
Lawboy2 posted...
I agree ppl are afraid of change and new things...it's hard to just rush things have to move slowly or ppl will overreact...with that said I think both systems do some very new and interesting things

That's not it at all. The kinect simply doesn't have access to what it needs to be great right now.
#6Lawboy2Posted 2/3/2014 8:57:59 PM
Gevous posted...
Lawboy2 posted...

That's not it at all. The kinect simply doesn't have access to what it needs to be great right now.

No honestly...think abt it...majority of the ppl who talk bad about it have never tried it....it's because when u rush ppl panic and when they panic they make brash decisions...and once minds are made up it's hard to change them...
#7PorungaPosted 2/3/2014 9:02:00 PM
Lawboy2 posted...
Gevous posted...
Lawboy2 posted...

No honestly...think abt it...majority of the ppl who talk bad about it have never tried it....it's because when u rush ppl panic and when they panic they make brash decisions...and once minds are made up it's hard to change them...

Exactly. When people heard "you can't sell or trade your physical games, and it has a 24 hour check in period" people went "What? **** YOU!", they never stopped to ask why, and microsoft failed spectacularly explaining why. When they finally did, no one would listen.. their minds were already made up.
#8quincy2000aPosted 2/3/2014 9:03:23 PM
For me, they could have done or tried to do this and more if they wished...as long as the gaming aspects remained on par with the PS4.

They do not.

The power/graphics/performance of the One system is overshadowed by that of the PS4 and that's my issue.
#9BSerenityPosted 2/3/2014 9:05:09 PM
Abyss89 posted...
I just think they tried a generation too early. If they brought this out in like 8 years time people would have jumped at it.
I commend them for trying a different direction. maybe if they just introduced half of the new stuff to ease people into it a bit more it would have done a little better also handled the PR a little better at the start too.
Do you guys feel this way? I image Americans aren't AS affected with ok internet and the cable functions working properly compared to say Europe.

I honestly think it wasn't exactly what they were trying to go for that was the huge problem, but how arrogant they were with the message...
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#10Viet0nePosted 2/3/2014 9:31:22 PM
Porunga posted...
Lawboy2 posted...
Gevous posted...
Lawboy2 posted...

Exactly. When people heard "you can't sell or trade your physical games, and it has a 24 hour check in period" people went "What? **** YOU!", they never stopped to ask why, and microsoft failed spectacularly explaining why. When they finally did, no one would listen.. their minds were already made up.

Even when the reasons were explained, even fewer people believed it was worth the cost of the DRM model.

There was absolutely no reason for a 24 hour check in or else your console get disabled. That is in summary what the downside is. 1/3rd of the purchasers of the Xbox 360 did not make Live accounts. To exclude that amount of people is simply a poor business choice.
---
Currently Playing: ACIV, Starbound, Borderlands2
PSN/XBL : VietOne