As a ps4 owner i can see what microsoft was trying to do

#11Reece504Posted 2/3/2014 10:50:52 PM
quincy2000a posted...
For me, they could have done or tried to do this and more if they wished...as long as the gaming aspects remained on par with the PS4.

They do not.

The power/graphics/performance of the One system is overshadowed by that of the PS4 and that's my issue.

But it is on par graphically ryse is the best looking game out arguably killzone is up there as far as power and performance forza is 1080p 60fps kinect voice commands are faster and better than ps4 cameras

Not saying it's better but it's surely on par I think the ps4 ram is 50% faster could be wrong though
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#12violentdissmayPosted 2/3/2014 11:30:39 PM
Lawboy2 posted...
Gevous posted...
Lawboy2 posted...
I agree ppl are afraid of change and new things...it's hard to just rush things have to move slowly or ppl will overreact...with that said I think both systems do some very new and interesting things

That's not it at all. The kinect simply doesn't have access to what it needs to be great right now.

No honestly...think abt it...majority of the ppl who talk bad about it have never tried it....it's because when u rush ppl panic and when they panic they make brash decisions...and once minds are made up it's hard to change them...

Some people dont (and never will) see the appeal of Kinect.
Talking to my tv is dumb in my opinion (I only shout at it when the game is starting to piss me off)
I dont like motion controls either, never will. I always looked at it like this: I play games to relax, not flail my arms about.

If people like it, good for them, I never will (honestly I can barely tolerate online features)
---
Bender: There. This'll teach those filthy bastards who's lovable.
#13Lawboy2Posted 2/3/2014 11:44:32 PM
violentdissmay posted...
Lawboy2 posted...
Gevous posted...
Lawboy2 posted...
I agree ppl are afraid of change and new things...it's hard to just rush things have to move slowly or ppl will overreact...with that said I think both systems do some very new and interesting things

That's not it at all. The kinect simply doesn't have access to what it needs to be great right now.

No honestly...think abt it...majority of the ppl who talk bad about it have never tried it....it's because when u rush ppl panic and when they panic they make brash decisions...and once minds are made up it's hard to change them...

Some people dont (and never will) see the appeal of Kinect.
Talking to my tv is dumb in my opinion (I only shout at it when the game is starting to piss me off)
I dont like motion controls either, never will. I always looked at it like this: I play games to relax, not flail my arms about.

If people like it, good for them, I never will (honestly I can barely tolerate online features)

Ur missing the point...it's not that everyone would have liked it...heck ppl will find ways not to like anything...the point is atleast u tried it...but majority of the ppl hooting and hollering about how bad the ideas were only did that because it was something they were not used to...it would take them out of their comfort zone and it would force them to try something new...and majority of the time when you rush someone into something they don't know or understand it will back fire on you....it's okay not to like something...it's not okay to form a bias opinion without giving something a chance
#14benjimainPosted 2/3/2014 11:55:54 PM
Reece504 posted...
<But it is on par graphically ryse is the best looking game out arguably killzone is up there as far as power and performance forza is 1080p 60fps kinect voice commands are faster and better than ps4 cameras

Not saying it's better but it's surely on par I think the ps4 ram is 50% faster could be wrong though

But it isn't on par.

This is why multiplats are destroying the Bone's versions.

Ryse does not look as good as Killzone: Shadow Fall.

And the benchmarks of Forza means nothing when there's nothing to compare it to. It got 1080p @ 60fps because graphically it isn't that advanced.

This is why a 1080p @ 30fps DriveClub has far superior textures, lighting, etc.

Forza on the PS4 would run the same, but have far better textures and lighting at this stage.

You really need to understand how behind the Bone is in power.
---
PS4 ~ Best sales, power, multiplats, and to the gaming populace in IGN's polls, games, controller and online. Dominating EVERY category!
#15sn3akywafflesPosted 2/4/2014 12:18:50 AM
Porunga posted...
I think they tried to do too much all at once, they introduced things that had never been part of consoles before, that had been on pc for years. People didn't like it. The restrictions and DRM were something that people refused to accept on physical media. They should have slowly implemented these plans and functions over time, so people could get used to the idea. They also did a extremely poor job explaining the whole thing. It was just too many changes all at once.

this!

i couldnt agree with you more, drm and always online couldve been greatly pulled off and with the way microsoft has handled xbl im sure they couldve done it too but no they had a crap pr team explaining it all and then the fanboys just had field day....so hopefully next gen we can actually have this happen
---
I'm starting realize the slight amount of ignorance on this site
#16goatthiefPosted 2/4/2014 1:21:32 AM
It was unfortunately timed and came out around the same time everyone is reacting to the NSA surveillance scare. If it had been a year or two from now a lot of the anger would not be there.

Edward Snowden killed the X box one.
---
Please visit 732367, the local gamefaqs goat stealing board for tips and advice on how to catch goats.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/732367-goat-catching
#17Spetsnaz420Posted 2/6/2014 5:11:07 AM
I don't feel like what they were trying to do was beneficial to anyone besides MS and game developers.

24 hour check ins were completely unnecessary and the methods to avoid piracy could easily have been handled without it being required.

Used game selling restrictions were completely baffling and no one was OK with this (Ok a few were)

Kinnect always having to be plugged in... Who was supposed to benefit from this? Not anyone who doesn't like or use Kinnect. Justified or not people have the right to not want an always on camera watching them the entire time they are in front of it.

Every benefit for the customer that did exist for the customer was snatched away by MS when we weren't buying their systems. The only thing they really had to get rid of with the DRM reversal was game swapping without a disc. But instead MS took their ball and went home.

Being able to sell games bought digitally was a good thing... Being able to gift a digital game (or sell) to a friend was a good thing. Family being able to play games in the same house was a god thing (piracy concerns would be alleviated by requiring the non primary buyers console to maintain an Internet connection).

I'm sorry but the don't deserve our admiration for trying something new and they don't deserve our respect for reversing bad policies... If I'm dying of thirst no one respects me for getting a drink of water.
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#18wake_me_420Posted 2/6/2014 5:17:11 AM
My gripes with the original plans were with how they tried to take control of the used game market, with authorized retailers. I could only imagine how much trade-in value would dip with no competition from non-chain stores. I normally get my used games from a second hand store for a fraction of the cost Gamestop charges for their used games.

Also, they were unclear on what would happen to the games you download years down the line when the plug is pulled on the network and the 24hour check can't be done. If they simply said a patch would be provided, unlocking the ability to continue use once they stopped supporting the XB1.

Unfortunately, if they told us this, people (rightfully so) would want that ability right away.
---
Check out this sweet box fort I made. Dare I say, 'World's Greatest' :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jo57wauuvA
#19WartPig_Posted 2/6/2014 5:20:25 AM
had they staright up came out and said

"your all theives that ruined the industry, not our practices"
"you dont have a right to own the things you purchase"
"after you have bought our product you MUST pay a yearly fee to use all the functions you have already purchased"

im sure people would have loved that as much now as in 8 years
---
PSN-WartPigX, XBL-WartPig
"people talking without speaking, people hearing without listening"
#20kennyynnooPosted 2/6/2014 5:23:09 AM
As an American I have zero plans to use the cable input function, I don't want my $500 machine on that much, I sit with the wife at 8pm watch cable for an hour or so them game if I choose to stay up till 12-1am. I don't want that thing on 4-5hrs straight every other night. Plus its not hard to just use a remote.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30