Phil Spencer admits Xbone install times too slow. Wants to improve it.

#21rgwPosted 2/4/2014 4:08:57 PM(edited)
it took 30-60 minutes for me to be able to play anything but a quick game in nba2k14. It is a problem, especially since most really don't understand the point of installing when you have to put the disc in every time.
---
rgw
--
#22jenovaPosted 2/4/2014 4:41:55 PM
I might buy more games when more that I want come out. No need to spend money on something I don't want.

I haven run into this partial install thing, really. I know how to read and was raised in Commodore 64 games. Plus I'm not a spoilt little kid. Load times aren't even a thing.
---
Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh; fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding a simple ending without DLC...
#23georgewduff1Posted 2/4/2014 4:45:46 PM
Yeah...the install time are a bit long...

Launch OS...Remember me the 360 crappy memory card s***...

Waiting for the update...
---
XboxOne and my gaming addiction are perfect match :) GT: Major W Duff
#24IzecPosted 2/4/2014 6:48:29 PM
Well if he's admitting it's a problem they probably already have a fix planned. Otherwise they'd either downplay it or refuse to acknowledge.
---
Throwback Mode 4 Lyfe
#25Foxx3kPosted 2/4/2014 6:53:14 PM
Cool. Glad to hear that MS is acknowledging areas of improvement. This is good news for everybody.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#26CrusnikCainPosted 2/4/2014 6:54:27 PM
Love my Xbox One but the install times are to damn long this it good news
---
Gamer Tag : CrusnikCain
#27Spetsnaz420Posted 2/5/2014 2:50:53 AM
Foxx3k posted...
Cool. Glad to hear that MS is acknowledging areas of improvement. This is good news for everybody.

Exactly... I don't know why people are getting upset... It's good news
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#28Ryan-06(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2014 3:10:29 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Foxx3k posted...

Izec posted...
Well if he's admitting it's a problem they probably already have a fix planned. Otherwise they'd either downplay it or refuse to acknowledge.

I'm curious how do developers at MS fix such issues? A system/firmware update can improve install times somehow? such things can be "patched" like problems in a game?
---
Power of da Cloud confirmed, see the difference: http://youtu.be/UzuT0uA9snE
http://ow.ly/t0gvj, http://ow.ly/t0g1Y
#29Spetsnaz420Posted 2/5/2014 3:18:06 AM
Ryan-06 posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Foxx3k posted...

Izec posted...

I'm curious how do developers at MS fix such issues? A system/firmware update can improve install times somehow? such things can be "patched" like problems in a game?

Sure why not? Just change how the xbox handles installs on the software level... The most obvious to me would be to allow the game to install without updating first.
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#30EnclavePosted 2/5/2014 3:45:15 AM
Fixing it would probably be a combination of a firmware update and better organisation of installation files, it needs to further prioritise certain chunks of data over other chunks of data.

Sony probably looked into it quite a lot already due to all the flak they got with install times on the PS3 while Microsoft didn't have to bother with install times with the 360 for the most part and thus probably didn't plan ahead and get this installation method totally efficient.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.