Why don't consoles come in more colour options?

#1Kovalchuk_Posted 2/4/2014 9:40:05 AM
Just curious what the reasoning is behind this since people love to have their devices customized for themselves. I remember different N64 controllers, gamecube colours and stuff like that but Sony and Microsoft have not really done it.

Any particular reason why? I'm sure it has to do with money somehow.
---
3754-7115-0719
#2Troll_DirectoryPosted 2/4/2014 9:52:34 AM
it's difficult to know how many of each color to produce, when so many people do not agree with each other on which color is best. some cannot even agree on how to spell the word "color."
#3Kovalchuk_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 9:54:35 AM
Troll_Directory posted...
it's difficult to know how many of each color to produce, when so many people do not agree with each other on which color is best. some cannot even agree on how to spell the word "color."

I know, USA is so backwards.
---
3754-7115-0719
#4kennyynnooPosted 2/4/2014 9:56:24 AM
Because all the store had was purple xbox ones so I didn't buy one. Plus now you have to buy a skin to get what you want. I'm fine with black, little kids grab everything.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#5richboy900Posted 2/4/2014 9:58:38 AM
I'm glad they're thinking of bringing out the white Xbox one, but what I would like to see is the crystal or translucent green back from the original Xbox days.
#6Exodus_PrimePosted 2/4/2014 10:06:07 AM
You guys want colors? you want a white Xbox One? why wait just go here and BEHOLD.

http://www.decalgirl.com/skins/Microsoft-Xbox-One-Skins
---
"Maybe all these clowns should chill out and stop trolling me." - MetroidFan9999
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#7SigmaLongshotPosted 2/4/2014 10:13:30 AM

This is absolutely the reason. A white and a black Xbox are entirely unique SKUs, and though not nearly as complicated as a console launch x2, it adds huge complications to the situation. Forecasting production splits, regional preference (for example, I recall the Baby Blue DS Lite being un unforeseen boom in the UK, incredibly under-manufactured), recall issues (accidentally selling the wrong SKU etc).

Way more complexity than it first seems.

Oh, and I have no idea why Americans altered the native "colour". The "ou" sound in the word designates a diluted vowel that lasts a fraction longer than the "o" in the first syllable. So though it doesn't go on long enough to sound like "Cuhl-ow-er, the lips begin that motion as the second syllable ends.

ELOCUTION, BABY!
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#8richboy900Posted 2/4/2014 10:13:49 AM
@ Exodus, nah it's just that black is dull, overdone and boring. I like the cool custom Xbox 360 cases, like the transparent case or the blue one with blue lights/leds.
#9Troll_DirectoryPosted 2/4/2014 10:22:41 AM
Kovalchuk_ posted...

I know, USA is so backwards.
true, on many things. particularly, on forward progress. but, not so much on language. especially the rhotic parts. something about the 1780s must have really embarrassed the brits, to make them affect their pronunciations so terribly. ;-)
#10Troll_DirectoryPosted 2/4/2014 10:36:24 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
Oh, and I have no idea why Americans altered the native "colour". The "ou" sound in the word designates a diluted vowel that lasts a fraction longer than the "o" in the first syllable. So though it doesn't go on long enough to sound like "Cuhl-ow-er, the lips begin that motion as the second syllable ends.

ELOCUTION, BABY!
speaking of rhotic, when's the last time you heard a so-called native english speaker pronounce the "r" in that word? i'm guessing it was just prior to the american revolutionary war.

not very elocutionary, to drop the pronunciation of a letter for reasons contempt and condescension. (i kid, sort of)