Halo vs Gears

#11TBONE_OGPosted 2/4/2014 12:08:16 PM
Gears all the way. Love Halo but Gears has my heart.
---
Always O.G.
#12SigmaLongshotPosted 2/4/2014 12:24:01 PM
EternalStutter posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
I would opt for Halo.

Halo is more about psychological mind-games than twitch-shooter reflexes.

Gears of War got a LOT better as the series progressed, but I still say Halo is a far better example of more fun, accomplished game design.

Damn! Props for this man

You humble me, kind sir.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#13ComradeRyanPosted 2/4/2014 3:00:17 PM
Gears of War, but Halo 3 comes close.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com/
#14Ramsus082Posted 2/4/2014 3:09:43 PM(edited)
Gears makes me cringe out of embarrassment to play. Gameplay is usually fun, but it's one of those rare titles that has such a lack of respect for the audience's narrative/dialogue standards that it really detracts from the overall experience. Halo seems like the right balance of fun gameplay and a presentation that takes gamers seriously as adults.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#15EternalStutter(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 3:18:28 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
Gears makes me cringe out of embarrassment to play. Gameplay is usually fun, but it's one of those rare titles that has such a lack of respect for the audience's narrative/dialogue standards that it really detracts from the overall experience. Halo seems like the right balance of fun gameplay and a presentation that takes gamers seriously as adults.

What the hell are you talking about?
#16Lawboy2Posted 2/4/2014 3:20:55 PM
EternalStutter posted...
Ramsus082 posted...

Lol...I think he's talking about the campaign play
#17TPZmikezPosted 2/4/2014 3:23:04 PM
vivalabuck92 posted...
I'd say Gears of War. I still feel like they have plenty of directions they can go with that series. Side note, I'm one of the few that liked Judgement.

I had no idea your kind existed...
---
You down with O.P.P?
People that answered correctly: 45
#18EternalStutter(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 3:26:42 PM
TPZmikez posted...
vivalabuck92 posted...
I'd say Gears of War. I still feel like they have plenty of directions they can go with that series. Side note, I'm one of the few that liked Judgement.

I had no idea your kind existed...

I liked it to some extent. It was a decent campaign to go through. Had my fun in it
#19BobbyB3000Posted 2/4/2014 3:27:02 PM
Gears

I've always been more of a gears guy than a halo guy

I just love running the cole train on some peeps
---
Xbox- Bobby3000
PS3- Bobbyb73
#20Ramsus082Posted 2/4/2014 3:28:07 PM
EternalStutter posted...
Ramsus082 posted...

The campaign, story, dialogue, characters, and character design. They're all catered to 14 year old american males. Cliffy B is the Michael Bay of the gaming industry. It's embarrassing for me to play. Every dumb line and macho grunt takes me right out the game.

Gamers should have grown out of it by now, in my humble opinion, because the franchise sure as hell didn't grow up with us. I can't reward that type of game design anymore. Just one person's opinion.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"