Titanfall on PC requires Origin = more sales for Xbox One?

#1HaeravonPosted 2/4/2014 7:33:58 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/titanfall-on-pc-will-require-origin/1100-6417525/

Personally, I don't see the difference between one type of DRM versus another... but people love Steam and hate origin. So, who else thinks that the Origin requirement is going to convince some PC gamers to get this on the Xbox One, instead... at least, if they already own both?
---
Join the gaming community at www.haeravon.com.
#2gobuffalo30Posted 2/4/2014 7:34:46 PM
They'll just buy it in the 360.
#3AzaneAzerPosted 2/4/2014 7:37:52 PM
Oh look, another game that will end up failing financially on PC, and EA will blame piracy again.
#4Foxx3kPosted 2/4/2014 7:38:52 PM
Haeravon posted...
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/titanfall-on-pc-will-require-origin/1100-6417525/

Personally, I don't see the difference between one type of DRM versus another... but people love Steam and hate origin. So, who else thinks that the Origin requirement is going to convince some PC gamers to get this on the Xbox One, instead... at least, if they already own both?

Some people like having a unified game collection.

To attempt an analogy for physical disc collectors: Think of it like having your discs stored in a dozen shelves around your house instead of having all games on a single shelf.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#5Haeravon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 7:40:12 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
Oh look, another game that will end up failing financially on PC, and EA will blame piracy again.

I'm just amazed by how many people actually put up with these DRM services at all. They've been using them for years, so they must be making some kind of money. You'd think a company like CDProjekt going DRM-free would get such a favorable reaction that other companies would follow suit. Sadly, gamers are all wind. They keep buying these games despite their DRM.
---
#6Haeravon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 7:42:45 PM
Foxx3k posted...
Haeravon posted...

Some people like having a unified game collection.

To attempt an analogy for physical disc collectors: Think of it like having your discs stored in a dozen shelves around your house instead of having all games on a single shelf.

I'm not against Steam as a digital distributor. I don't like it as DRM. As somebody who prefers physical copies, I shouldn't have to register my physical copy on a digital service. But it's off-topic. I wonder how many folks will actually go so far as to shun the PC version entirely because it's on Origin.
---
#7Killah PriestPosted 2/4/2014 7:44:25 PM
People do insult origin but most people won't shun it if the game is good enough.

sure there are those random nut jobs that will but they are just nut jobs.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#8Lawboy2Posted 2/4/2014 7:44:46 PM
gobuffalo30 posted...

Still more money for microsoft
#9Haeravon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 7:48:29 PM
Lawboy2 posted...
gobuffalo30 posted...

Still more money for microsoft

You think so? Dropping from PC to Xbox One is enough of a graphical hit, but from Xbox One to Xbox 360? I know graphics aren't everything, but they are something.
---
#10mfv12979Posted 2/4/2014 8:16:55 PM
It's a good thing i don't ever buy games in Origin. I heard that it's 50/50. When it works it works, when it doesn't it doesn't. And the only answer when you call support is " Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?". That's like their go to question lol.