What is with the lack of local coop these days?

#1charlton3kPosted 2/5/2014 3:21:51 AM
Titanfall just confirmed they will have no splitscreen, and this is from the guys who do cod, where all their games have it. The only thing i can find is ghosts and thats not even the campaign, same for forza.
Me and the wife are just sticking to skylanders until we can afford another 60 inch and xbox one to go side by side ¬_¬
---
Craphex
http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2410815/
#2PilkoPumpPantPosted 2/5/2014 3:26:31 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3BoxTheMuppetPosted 2/5/2014 3:31:31 AM
PilkoPumpPant posted...
Noone has any friends to play with now they've all jumped to ps4.

What a sad stretch to make a pro ps4 comment.

I'm bothered by the lack of local coop because I want my kids to both be able to play. If their is no coop the little one will never get a turn. Then the fights start and I have to get involved before someone uses a controller like a weapon like I used to on my brother. (The n64 would put someone down fast)
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#4Bill_BurrPosted 2/5/2014 3:38:10 AM
I hear ya I just bought ghosts just so I could play something with my fiancé. We love playing games like halo gears and borderlands and I was really hoping titanfall had splitscreen.

I'm still holding out hope for destiny
#5charlton3k(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2014 3:42:34 AM
Yeah we love Gears and Halo as they have the best splitscreen campaign, im glad they are still making them! Although lets see them take splitscreen out for the sequels >.<
---
Craphex
http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2410815/
#6kennyynnooPosted 2/5/2014 4:21:24 AM
Legos Marvel Super Heroes

They don't make them because they have to sacrifice graphics to make split screen. I love local split screen to play with the wife but unless its sports or legos you're screwed.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#7megaman1376Posted 2/5/2014 5:15:35 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
Legos Marvel Super Heroes

They don't make them because they have to sacrifice graphics to make split screen. I love local split screen to play with the wife but unless its sports or legos you're screwed.

halo 4 has decent graphics and split screen the real reason then don't longer made them is greed what is better 4 players for every game sold or 1 player for every game sold financially i can't dispute it morally in the other hand ...

as far as i can see we need a new AAA collapse so the new guys can shine guys that havent forgotten the soul of the games
#8pwnater777Posted 2/5/2014 5:45:17 AM
Because the idiot game developers would rather continue with support of online MP in favor, for some reason, of local.

Horrible idea.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#9xninjagrrlPosted 2/5/2014 5:46:57 AM
Im far past the point of wanting to split my tv screen in half and share the real estate. It was better on old tube tv's that were more square imo.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#10DoukouPosted 2/5/2014 7:37:25 AM(edited)
PvZ Garden Warfare has local co-op for its horde mode.
---
Don't read this sig.
Behold Mumashika, The Japanese horse deer demon http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/Mumashika.jpg