What is with the lack of local coop these days?

#21LapanuiPosted 2/6/2014 4:44:56 AM
I'm not happy that Titanfall doesn't support split-screen multiplayer like CoD does. Hell, I'm not happy that PvZ:GW doesn't support proper split-screen multiplayer, I know you have Boss Mode and I think something else, but I would have liked to play full online matches with my brother without having to purchase a second console and an extra copy of the game.

We just have to settle with taking turns. Luckily, we still have other consoles and I will be getting a new monitor next week to hook a console up to in case one of us is playing a game that doesn't support split-screen multiplayer.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#22The_Dark_HadouPosted 2/6/2014 10:20:26 AM
Someone mentioned lego marvel super heroes. It's a surprisingly fun game... Local co op, we a little split screen, a fun game to play with your gf.
---
"Go home and be a family man!"
#23EnclavePosted 2/6/2014 10:46:49 AM
pwnater777 posted...
Because the idiot game developers would rather continue with support of online MP in favor, for some reason, of local.

Horrible idea.

You mean publishers not developers.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#24vivalabuck92Posted 2/6/2014 10:47:59 AM
XisurusX posted...
Playing Earth Defense Force with a buddy on my 360 at the moment, for the first minute I was contemplating ejecting the disc and tossing it in the trash, the graphics are just that bad. Then by the second minute we are literally both screaming at each other, planning strats and generally having more fun than we have had with a game in a long time. Stupid, ridiculous fun and this is from someone who doesnt often fall for anything "retro". Just found out the new one drops on the 18th of this month too!

Did you see the new trailer for it? It looks so cheesy I love it!
---
Gamertag: NeverTooWhite
#25aszsithPosted 2/6/2014 11:33:19 AM
The kids today don't want to walk next door to play with their friend when they can stay home and do so online.

It boils down to the consumer base has shown a desire to gravitate towards the online experience. Sales figures show that games with MP modes sell more copies. This is why horrible MP has been tacked onto single player games like Bioshock and Dead Space in the past.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#26EternalStutterPosted 2/6/2014 1:57:35 PM
I agree with you. 100%