So how many games are going to start getting prologue games now?

#1656stoogePosted 2/5/2014 8:37:36 PM
If Ground Zero is a hit I expect this to be the next craze.

Ubisoft selling Assassin's Creed and Watch_Dogs prologues that are just a small open world section with 2 hours of story content and a few side-quests, EA selling Beta style content for their BF and Titanfall series, and Japan will probably latch on to the idea.

Hell, Square could have charged for their Bravely Default demo if they thought we'd buy it. I put 10 hours into that this week.

The best bit about this is that they have anyone interested on a games story over a barrel.
---
Typing on a phone, so ignore all spelling mistakes. Damn autocorrect.
#2a687947Posted 2/5/2014 8:39:43 PM
dead rising 2 and gran turismo 5 have already done it, so it isn't exactly new
#3Juzten76Posted 2/11/2014 1:05:26 PM
I remember when these were called demos. Now I'm supposed to pay $40 to play them.
#42ndAtomiskPosted 2/11/2014 1:07:08 PM
656stooge posted...
If Ground Zero is a hit I expect this to be the next craze.

Ubisoft selling Assassin's Creed and Watch_Dogs prologues that are just a small open world section with 2 hours of story content and a few side-quests, EA selling Beta style content for their BF and Titanfall series, and Japan will probably latch on to the idea.

Hell, Square could have charged for their Bravely Default demo if they thought we'd buy it. I put 10 hours into that this week.

The best bit about this is that they have anyone interested on a games story over a barrel.

Well, Square did charge for the Dissidia demo.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
http://abload.de/img/zeronailed4xz8o.gif