You hate MP only games but what about SP only?

#1PlzstopflamingPosted 2/6/2014 6:29:21 AM
I fail to see the difference. You are paying for half a game just as much as a MP only game. I don't understand it. What makes titanfall any different in price over god of war? There could be a viable god of war MP but you are missing out on half a game.
#2WaywardBiscuitPosted 2/6/2014 6:33:50 AM
One you need a group of others to enjoy, the other can be enjoyed anytime while only needing one person to enjoy. I still play DMC3 to this day but if it was MP only I would have dropped it years ago. MGO is a great example, if that was its own game how would we be enjoying it today if no one was playing or when servers get shut down
---
George Likes Spicy Chicken
#3TargettPracticePosted 2/6/2014 6:36:15 AM
I can't remember the last time I bought a game without multiplayer. That's not to say I haven't played them, but my dealers are guys with peg legs and shoulder mounted parrots. It's my opinion that single player games are simply not challenging or entertaining enough to warrant a purchase. If they want my money, a game must have co-op at the very least.
#4WartPig_Posted 2/6/2014 6:36:30 AM
Plzstopflaming posted...
I fail to see the difference. You are paying for half a game just as much as a MP only game. I don't understand it. What makes titanfall any different in price over god of war? There could be a viable god of war MP but you are missing out on half a game.

you can always tell the kids whos first console was a ps360
---
PSN-WartPigX, XBL-WartPig
"people talking without speaking, people hearing without listening"
#5TMOGPosted 2/6/2014 6:37:43 AM(edited)
I can play a single player game any time I want and get the full experience.

If a game's multiplayer only then I can't play it unless I have friends over if it's local multiplayer, and I can't play it at all if it's online multiplayer only and the servers are down / awful / painfully low population.
---
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6870/tmog01.png
#6VirobotPosted 2/6/2014 6:39:07 AM
Anyone can slap a multiplayer game together, not to say they aren't fun. I used to play Modern Warfare 2 all the time.

SinglePlayer takes time and money and is generally more enjoyable to me. Skyrim/Morrowind being quick examples.
---
PSN/Steam:Jareski
"In a world without gold, we might've been heroes." -Blackbeard.
#7Kosmo240985Posted 2/6/2014 6:41:54 AM
Plzstopflaming posted...

Story vs competition

Sp has a story that was written for our enjoyment. It's an interactive movie I guess.

Mp is repetitive competition.

To me either one is good but l do recognize a difference.
---
GT: Kozzie85
#8CharadeSmithPosted 2/6/2014 6:42:17 AM
SP is where the memorable experiences are. MP is for "forgettable fun".
SP only is a better option than MP only.
#9Plzstopflaming(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2014 6:45:32 AM
Virobot posted...
Anyone can slap a multiplayer game together, not to say they aren't fun. I used to play Modern Warfare 2 all the time.

SinglePlayer takes time and money and isgenerally more enjoyable to me. Skyrim/Morrowind being quick examples.

But you could agree that mmo's get the same amount of play time as a elder scrolls game right? Every argument you guys are making can be turned around against a single player game you know that right? And I play planetside and my first game was Diablo 1,2 and LOD so I didn't play anything on 360/ps3 first. The only reliable counter argument is that when the servers are updated you can't play. Anything else is the same no different other than ones by yourself and one is with other people.
#10BiggyDXPosted 2/6/2014 6:46:43 AM
Some SP franchises simply don't have a strong enough foundation to have a MP component and are better left as SP only games.
---
Gamertag: Biggy DX