Anyone worried that Microsoft might sell off there Xbox rights?

#81lunchbox2042Posted 2/8/2014 7:25:26 AM
TrickyPony posted...
You're not alone TC. As a very successful businessman myself I hate all the profit I make. I'm considering selling off my company so I don't have this burden anymore, it's really draining.

They don't make a profit on the Xbox brand which is why they thought about selling it in the first place.
#82SkaFrost89Posted 2/8/2014 7:42:05 AM
If Xbox were to break away and be it's own company, they could try to partner with google, and get rid of bing, instant profit!
---
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb20/PrinceVegeta89/kazum.png
#83EJH-SEGAPosted 2/8/2014 12:16:14 PM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
krillens posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
I guess you missed the part before that post showing Microsoft stating that the Xbox Division is losing at least $1 billion. So I'll link that on this since you're lazy: http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdaily/2013/11/25/microsoft-xboxs-1b-plus-loss-makes-it-a-sale-candidate-says-nomura/

That wasn't Microsoft , that was the blogger speculating. Months ago. I guess you missed that, but heres a recap.

Speculation - Xbox one is sold at a loss and will make $1B worth of losses
Actual result -Xbox One is sold at a profit and the division made $840M profit

Ruh-roh.

As for whos getting out of hardware, Sony killed of Viao, is going Third Party with their TVs and porting all their PS3 exclusives to android devices and beyond. Nuff said.

sell off an unprofitable division is a bad thing? where did you go to school?

as for the ps3 ports... again, how is this bad?

Pulling out of hardware, because you are unable to manage is a bad thing, especially for a hardware company.

Why are PS3 ports bad? Its a precurser to Sony discontinuing the PS3 despite it being the youngest console of last gen and the promise of a 10 year plan.

Why should we buy Playstations if we can get all they have to offer on the app store? It's your basic repeat of Sega "Oh yeah, we're releasing Dreamcast games on the PS2 and Gamecube and PACE set top boxes, but we're still supporting the hardware biz.. Dreamcast will be fine"

Its hilarious and sad that you can't play Halo 3 on PC, but you will be able to play The Last of Us on cellphones.

Sega did not release games on GC or PS2 while DC was active, Activison did. Sega wanted to release Ferrari F355 challenge but Activision had the Ferrari license at the time and said "only if you let us release some of your games on other platforms".

I never heard of PACE.
---
XBL GT is SE6A K1N6 (those are the number "6" not the letter "G" and that is the the number "1" not the letter "I")
#84Evel138Posted 2/8/2014 12:21:10 PM
The time for that would have been before the launch of the 360, when the original XB (for all intents and purposes) failed.

Not almost a decade later, after investing billion and establishing Xbox as a recognizable brand in the industry.

To think the XB brand is going anywhere.....even if it ultimately comes in last place this gen......is delusional at best IMHO.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y
#85Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 2/8/2014 12:22:46 PM
krystyla posted...
snakes_codec posted...
TrickyPony posted...
You're not alone TC. As a very successful businessman myself I hate all the profit I make. I'm considering selling off my company so I don't have this burden anymore, it's really draining.

The Xbox division isnt profitable infact it loses MS 2 billion annually some executives at MS want it cut .

An analyst said so w/o providing proof, hence it must be true...

yes the alternative of people saying how it would never happen and then backing it up with their terrible sense of economics is much better.
is the xbox division successful? yes.
is it one of the least successful divisions of MS? yes.
and when people bring up about how Sony hasn't sold theirs yet it's because it's the opposite?
has sony been very successful in recent years? no.
is there a realistic chance sony could go bankrupt? yes
is the PS one of it's most profitable divisions? yes.
when a company goes bankrupt they drop everything that is hurting the company and capitalize on things that have been good for the company so if Sony goes bankrupt they could possibly just become strictly a video game corp like nintendo and thats a pretty big if.
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#86Enigma149Posted 2/8/2014 1:04:23 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#87krystylaPosted 2/8/2014 1:13:45 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
krystyla posted...
snakes_codec posted...
TrickyPony posted...

The Xbox division isnt profitable infact it loses MS 2 billion annually some executives at MS want it cut .

An analyst said so w/o providing proof, hence it must be true...

yes the alternative of people saying how it would never happen and then backing it up with their terrible sense of economics is much better.
is the xbox division successful? yes.
is it one of the least successful divisions of MS? yes.
and when people bring up about how Sony hasn't sold theirs yet it's because it's the opposite?
has sony been very successful in recent years? no.
is there a realistic chance sony could go bankrupt? yes
is the PS one of it's most profitable divisions? yes.
when a company goes bankrupt they drop everything that is hurting the company and capitalize on things that have been good for the company so if Sony goes bankrupt they could possibly just become strictly a video game corp like nintendo and thats a pretty big if.

The Xbox division (Microsoft Devices and Studios Group) will soon also incorporate Nokia so it will be interesting how that pans out.

Sony is still the one of the biggest Music labels in the world it's more likely they'd focus on one of those ventures than the PS brand which will have to drastically change in the future due to home consoles becoming obsolete.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB