Should I allow my GF to buy me a XBOX One?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Should I allow my GF to buy me a XBOX One?

User Info: DVent

DVent
3 years ago#1
So my girlfriend is pretty cool, we've been together for about 3 years and she wants to buy me and XBOX One tomorrow. I am on the fence about this because I have a severe problem with depression and PTSD and feel I am undeserving of that type of gift from someone.

I am looking forward to getting one to play Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3 and Forza but beyond that I just can't justify it to myself. For her, simply she said it would make her happy but I would rather have her spend the money on herself.

Because of my problems I make no income at this time, I hope to change that down the road but it is a real battle for me because I also have IBS and Chronic Pain. Keep moving forward though in hopes I get better.

I figured I would ask here, what would you do?
XBOX 360 GT - DVent360

User Info: TreGooda

TreGooda
3 years ago#2
I would not bum from my girlfriend.
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."

User Info: TBONE_OG

TBONE_OG
3 years ago#3
Dude... hand over your Man Card right now.

Also...

Joke topic.
Always O.G.

User Info: mokmuud

mokmuud
3 years ago#4
Well you said you would rather her spend the money on herself. She is. It makes her happy.
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539

DVent
3 years ago#5
Believe me I handed that card in a long time ago. My situation is complicated and a complete life screw job for me. I guess the question should be how do I talk her out of it because I have told her not to and I think she will regardless.
XBOX 360 GT - DVent360

User Info: TreGooda

TreGooda
3 years ago#6
mokmuud posted...
Well you said you would rather her spend the money on herself. She is. It makes her happy.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121207133945/victorious/images/1/1c/Smh.gif
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."

DVent
3 years ago#7
That is her biggest selling point to me, it will make her happy. Depression sucks.
XBOX 360 GT - DVent360

User Info: Mvsevm_of_Skin

Mvsevm_of_Skin
3 years ago#8
DVent posted...
Believe me I handed that card in a long time ago. My situation is complicated and a complete life screw job for me. I guess the question should be how do I talk her out of it because I have told her not to and I think she will regardless.

Dude, if you are asking GFAQs how you should communicate with your girl, the relationship is already doomed.
Squeeze your mother's neck... 'til the kicking stops... the memories stop!

DVent
3 years ago#9
Doomed! She would at least get a kick out of that.
XBOX 360 GT - DVent360
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Should I allow my GF to buy me a XBOX One?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived