Should I allow my GF to buy me a XBOX One?

#21BrusselsAffairPosted 2/9/2014 5:59:45 AM
DVent posted...
Depression sucks.

Those who actually have depression wouldn't casually talk about it like you're doing; stop looking for attention.

You're acting like those dumb blonde girls who take pictures of themselves crying.
---
"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use two feet"
#22BrusselsAffairPosted 2/9/2014 6:00:36 AM
PominAus posted...
Evel138 posted...
I find the concept of "allowing" your mate to do anything intriguing.

I've been with my wife for 14 years and there's not been a day during any of it in which she's waited for my permission to do anything lol.

Haha. This. So much.

Which is why TC's 'girlfriend' is probably fictional.
---
"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use two feet"
#23krazycharliePosted 2/9/2014 4:19:54 PM
DVent posted...
So my girlfriend is pretty cool, we've been together for about 3 years and she wants to buy me and XBOX One tomorrow. I am on the fence about this because I have a severe problem with depression and PTSD and feel I am undeserving of that type of gift from someone.

I am looking forward to getting one to play Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3 and Forza but beyond that I just can't justify it to myself. For her, simply she said it would make her happy but I would rather have her spend the money on herself.

Because of my problems I make no income at this time, I hope to change that down the road but it is a real battle for me because I also have IBS and Chronic Pain. Keep moving forward though in hopes I get better.

I figured I would ask here, what would you do?

Keep your GF, ditch the XBone. As simple as that. Really, it's a no-brainer.
---
"I reject your reality and substitute my own"
#24lunchbox2042Posted 2/9/2014 4:59:15 PM
I've learned that when your girlfriend/wife says she wants to buy you something, you accept the gift and move on. It's a bigger hassle arguing with her or telling her to buy herself something.
#25Talinthis2Posted 2/9/2014 6:42:15 PM
DVent posted...
So my girlfriend is pretty cool, we've been together for about 3 years and she wants to buy me and XBOX One tomorrow. I am on the fence about this because I have a severe problem with depression and PTSD and feel I am undeserving of that type of gift from someone.

I am looking forward to getting one to play Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3 and Forza but beyond that I just can't justify it to myself. For her, simply she said it would make her happy but I would rather have her spend the money on herself.

Because of my problems I make no income at this time, I hope to change that down the road but it is a real battle for me because I also have IBS and Chronic Pain. Keep moving forward though in hopes I get better.

I figured I would ask here, what would you do?

what i would do, is make up my own mind without asking other people, and my answer would be either a) she plays games too, i would tell her i would split the cost or b) she just wants to buy it for me but she does not play games, i would ask her to reconsider and save her money for something she would like though not simply tell her flat out no she is not buying it
#26SunDevil77Posted 2/9/2014 6:45:47 PM
DVent posted...
Doomed! She would at least get a kick out of that.

Nah, I already had relations with her.
---
My teeth are swords, my claws are spears, my wings are a hurricane!
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#27langystarPosted 2/9/2014 8:23:52 PM
What is the VA doing for you, for all your problems?? Are you getting disability from them? Are you getting any help at all?
#28Ty5454Posted 2/12/2014 12:09:11 AM
Yes milk it while you can for sure
---
Posted using GameFlux
#29DumpsterMcNuggetsPosted 2/15/2014 12:57:38 PM
I don't know why the TC doesn't just tell her simply that there aren't any games you really want for this system, and that the money would be better spent on other things instead. Easy peasy, just clearly talk to her over all the reasons why you aren't interested, till she finally realizes that getting an X1 isn't what you want her to do. To me, it's totally understanding why you wouldn't want one at this time, for both the fact that it's early in the X1's life and that there aren't many games out, and also the fact that it hasn't been discounted yet. Plus, that you'll both have $500 waiting for more useful purposes, such as perhaps maybe a brief trip away to somewhere?
---
Ten years and finally Ancient!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/588740-super-mario-world-2-yoshis-island/66891294 (my YI thread)
#30yanksfan4247Posted 2/15/2014 1:10:36 PM
TC has IBS, PTSD, severe depression, chronic pain and no job.

I hope you get ya s--- together, some therapy or something soon.
---
Twitter: @macdamurderer
GT: Mac Da Murderer