Do you buy or not buy games based on the publisher?

#1skermacPosted 2/7/2014 9:30:56 AM
Do you buy or not buy games based on the publisher? - Results (131 votes)
I dont care who publishes it, if the game is good I buy it.
66.41% (87 votes)
I dont buy games from publishers like EA because they dont care about us
21.37% (28 votes)
other - list publishers you would never buy from
2.29% (3 votes)
I buy most of my games used, publishers dont get my money
3.05% (4 votes)
I buy some games from publishers I like to support them, even if the game is mediocre
6.87% (9 votes)
This poll is now closed.
What is the main reason you buy games? I buy what I like no matter who the publisher is. But I buy 90 percent used from Ebay. Only buy games I think I will play more than once new, like Titanfall for example.

Lots of people think EA ruined these games, anyone agree?

A few example of franchises ruined/killed by EA:

•Dungeon Keeper
•Command & Conquer
•Sim City
•Road Rash
•Dead Space
•Need for Speed
•Mass Effect
•Theme Hospital
•The Sims (arguable, though)
•Dragon Age
•Battlefield
•Medal of Honor
•FIFA
•Plants vs Zombies
•Spore
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#2MixorzPosted 2/7/2014 9:33:21 AM
I don't boycott any publisher, if I like the game I buy it regardless of publisher.

I find myself buying more digital games nowadays too.
---
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
Favorite lift: Deadlift
#3este914Posted 2/7/2014 9:36:05 AM
I only buy my top 3~ or so favorite franchise games as NEW condition.
Everything else is used and I try to get them for as cheap as possible.
Don't care who makes/publishes/etc the game, if its good I'll get it.
---
~-> este914 <-~
Mind Over Matter.
#4aszsithPosted 2/7/2014 9:43:17 AM
I don't care who puts up the money (publisher). I DO care who makes the game (developer).

I will buy a game to support a developer who makes games I like. I will buy a game if it looks good. I will buy a game if it is a series/property I'm a fan of. I don't care who published it.

This means I will support EA because they are publishing Mass Effect, Star Wars, and Lord of the Rings. If the games end up crappy, then I'll skip them. But if the games end up good, why would I deny myself the enjoyment of things I like simply because a particular company had a hand in their creation?
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#5DoukouPosted 2/7/2014 9:45:52 AM
Unless the publisher was doing something like Genocide, no.
---
Don't read this sig.
Behold Mumashika, The Japanese horse deer demon http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/Mumashika.jpg
#6BryanPS360Posted 2/7/2014 9:55:09 AM
Is EA really to blame for ME3's ending.
---
XBGT:RedHawkDirewolf PSN and NNID: RedHawk_Direwolf
#7DelkuraPosted 2/7/2014 9:46:17 PM
BryanPS360 posted...

Yeah, they are. They forced Bioware to make a tacked-on multiplayer mode with the intent of making more money off of DLC, as opposed to actually letting them finish the story.
#8hoggys2much99Posted 2/8/2014 2:54:26 AM
The only publisher I refuse to buy anything from is Electronic Arts.

As soon as I see that EA logo on the box I loose all interest in the game.

The reasons I do not buy from they are:

1. The are a truly dire company. I am not surprised they were named worst company in America 2 years straight.

2. They do not give a crap about us. All they care about is making half assed games and ripping us off for us much as they can get.

3. They said no to making games for the Dreamcast. Every company on the planet was more than happy to make games for the system except for that PS2 loving company.

The last EA game I ever bought and played was James Pond II: Codenamed Robocod on my Genesis/Mega Drive over 20 years ago.
#9InjusticeRebornPosted 2/8/2014 3:53:01 AM
Delkura posted...
BryanPS360 posted...

Yeah, they are. They forced Bioware to make a tacked-on multiplayer mode with the intent of making more money off of DLC, as opposed to actually letting them finish the story.

I personally don't believe that the inclusion of the multi-player is the reason for ME3's ending.

And honestly, it was definitely one of the nicest surprises of it's year. Such a shame the community challenges only lasted a year. :(
---
"The bottom line here is that it's ok to troll the Xbox One. Just don't troll the trolls. They are the bread and butter of this message board." Juzten
#10Staranime010Posted 2/8/2014 8:56:15 AM
yes